Moderator topic

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >
Call for Site Testers: ProZ.com has a new site navigation that needs your test driving
Thread poster: Nate Hill
Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 22:19
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Project History Jul 21, 2017

I can't find the link to my Project History. Could you tell me how can I get to it, please?

Nate Hill
Nate Hill
United States
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gear > My Other Activity Jul 21, 2017

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

In the old version when hovering over my name I could go straight to the list of my Forum postings.
The home page does not adapt to my monitor, I only see half of the poll question box.

[Bearbeitet am 2017-07-21 05:46 GMT]

You should be able to find it here: Gear (right icon) > My Other Activity

Nate Hill
Nate Hill
United States
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gear > My profile Jul 21, 2017

Yaotl Altan wrote:

I can't find the link to my Project History. Could you tell me how can I get to it, please?

You'll find it under: Gear > My profile

Richard Johnson B.Tech.
Richard Johnson B.Tech.  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:19
Member (2003)
English to French
+ ...
Where is the printer button? Jul 21, 2017

Without the side ad column.
Thanks
Richard Johnson B.Tech.

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:19
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Colors clash -- very disturbing Jul 22, 2017

As a person trained in color theory, I find the colors exceedingly disturbing, especially the teal band at the top and the black band for the tabs. You can't combine the older palette of yellows and yellow-greens with cool greens, cool reds/oranges, etc. The effect is chaotic. I've heard that males have fewer receptors in the blue-green area, but for someone who seems to have too many, it's very hard to look at.

Also, the white letters against the black background for the tabs don't
... See more
As a person trained in color theory, I find the colors exceedingly disturbing, especially the teal band at the top and the black band for the tabs. You can't combine the older palette of yellows and yellow-greens with cool greens, cool reds/oranges, etc. The effect is chaotic. I've heard that males have fewer receptors in the blue-green area, but for someone who seems to have too many, it's very hard to look at.

Also, the white letters against the black background for the tabs don't show up very well.
Collapse

Diego Delfino
Diego Delfino  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:19
English to Italian
+ ...
Hovering menu not working properly Jul 22, 2017

If you go on Member activities then on More, the hovering menu that pops up doesn't close itself when you go on Forum and Certified PRO Network. It does not really bother me, but I can see the difference from this and the More under Jobs & directories, that's the reason why I am pointing that out.

Thank you, this new graphic looks cool.

QuatorzeVentose
QuatorzeVentose
France
English to French
+ ...
Just a small issue Jul 23, 2017

Thanks for the work done. I can't say I noticed anything really different, as I rarely used it before, so I won't discuss improvements, but there is a slightly annoying change:
In the term search page, after I get the search results (with the page obviously scrolling down), when I type another word in the search box, the cursor is still automatically positioned in the box, which is great, but the page does not scroll up as it did before, so that I have to type "blindly", or manually scroll
... See more
Thanks for the work done. I can't say I noticed anything really different, as I rarely used it before, so I won't discuss improvements, but there is a slightly annoying change:
In the term search page, after I get the search results (with the page obviously scrolling down), when I type another word in the search box, the cursor is still automatically positioned in the box, which is great, but the page does not scroll up as it did before, so that I have to type "blindly", or manually scroll up. Not critical but a bit annoying.
Don't know if I'm very clear but could you possibly do something?
Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Sajjad Alam
Sajjad Alam
India
Local time: 09:49
English to Urdu
+ ...
its catchy Jul 23, 2017

nice to see the web page in new look!

Nick Taylor
Nick Taylor
Local time: 04:19
Portuguese to English
+ ...
If it aint broke, dont fix it! Jul 23, 2017

Every day we are bombarded by the new! We become chattels of technology (IT) and not masters. I was entirely satisfied with the "old" proz and begrudge fiddling and fumbling on any site that has undergone so called "improvements" to meet my requirements. The pragmatic Germans have a word for it (any german translators) that literally means IMPROVEMENT FOR THE WORSE!

Francesca Bernardis
Francesca Bernardis  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2010)
Portuguese to Italian
+ ...
Availability icon disappeared again? Jul 24, 2017

Hi Nate.

I see that you solved the bug I mentioned, well done!
But at the same time the availability icon next to my profile image has disappeared again, pity. I guess you are still experimenting, but I really did like to have the icon visible in the top menu.

One more thing: when I click on the settings gear, a second scroll bar appears to the left of the normal one. This happens in Firefox 54.0.1 under Windows 10 Creators Update.

Cecilia Franetovich
Cecilia Franetovich  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 01:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Much better! But... Jul 24, 2017

I tend to use the keyboard a lot, I hardly use the mouse at all. And I find that, with this new layout, I have to click on the screen to be able to enter a new term or navigate the page. Is this possible/solvable? Thanks in advance!

Francesca Bernardis
Francesca Bernardis  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2010)
Portuguese to Italian
+ ...
Well... Jul 25, 2017

Hi Nate.

I hope you are still reading this topic. The availability icon is back, thanks.
As for the second scroll bar, now it appears on top of the first, instead of to the left, but it still appears. HTH.

Cecilia's suggestion is a good one, too. I've never learned how to navigate ProZ with the keyboard, but would definitely appreciate the possibility.

Nate Hill
Nate Hill
United States
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Something to test Jul 25, 2017

Cecilia Franetovich wrote:

I tend to use the keyboard a lot, I hardly use the mouse at all. And I find that, with this new layout, I have to click on the screen to be able to enter a new term or navigate the page. Is this possible/solvable? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the suggestion, Cecilia. I've implemented something that you can play around with and let me know if that's in the right direction. From the top of the page, if you press TAB on your keyboard, it should highlight a link. Keep pressing TAB until you're at the menu you want, then click the 'o' key. This will open a dropdown menu. You can keep tabbing through that, pressing 'o' again to open submenus. Shift-tab should back you up, and the ESC key should close things you have open.

Let me know if this is what you were referring to.

Nate Hill
Nate Hill
United States
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Seems like an OS preference Jul 25, 2017

Francesca Bernardis wrote:

Hi Nate.

I hope you are still reading this topic. The availability icon is back, thanks.
As for the second scroll bar, now it appears on top of the first, instead of to the left, but it still appears. HTH.

That is happening because the menu might overlap the window height. In those situations, you can scroll the menu. Windows apparently likes to make that second scrollbar visible. I tried to hide it, but wasn't having any luck. So this is the best solution I've been able to come across.

Cecilia's suggestion is a good one, too. I've never learned how to navigate ProZ with the keyboard, but would definitely appreciate the possibility.

Take a look at the previous comment for an update.

Cecilia Franetovich
Cecilia Franetovich  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 01:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
This is what I am referring to... Jul 25, 2017

Nate Hill wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, Cecilia. I've implemented something that you can play around with and let me know if that's in the right direction. From the top of the page, if you press TAB on your keyboard, it should highlight a link. Keep pressing TAB until you're at the menu you want, then click the 'o' key. This will open a dropdown menu. You can keep tabbing through that, pressing 'o' again to open submenus. Shift-tab should back you up, and the ESC key should close things you have open.

Let me know if this is what you were referring to.

Thank you Nate. What you mention is certainly useful when it comes to navigating the page using only the keyboard.
I am a little concerned also about QuatorzeVentose's comment:

"In the term search page, after I get the search results (with the page obviously scrolling down), when I type another word in the search box, the cursor is still automatically positioned in the box, which is great, but the page does not scroll up as it did before, so that I have to type "blindly", or manually scroll up."

I also find this a bit anoying and would be great if you could fix it so that whenever we want to enter a new term in the search bar, the page scrolls up automatically, and we do not have to scroll up manually. Thank you!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Call for Site Testers: ProZ.com has a new site navigation that needs your test driving

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »