Moderator topic

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >
Call for Site Testers: ProZ.com has a new site navigation that needs your test driving
Thread poster: Nate Hill
Nate Hill
Nate Hill
United States
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, everyone! Jul 14, 2017

To everyone who has tested and commented here, thank you for your kind and helpful feedback.

There were many comments regarding design and functionality outside the scope of the navigation. More site modernizations are coming so please keep your eye on this forum for any post mentioning "Site modernization" or testing opportunities. Working with the community to explore how we can continually improve on these newly released areas will be an ongoing theme for a while, and I look forw
... See more
To everyone who has tested and commented here, thank you for your kind and helpful feedback.

There were many comments regarding design and functionality outside the scope of the navigation. More site modernizations are coming so please keep your eye on this forum for any post mentioning "Site modernization" or testing opportunities. Working with the community to explore how we can continually improve on these newly released areas will be an ongoing theme for a while, and I look forward to working with you all.
Collapse

Thomas Seligmann
Thomas Seligmann  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 11:49
French to English
+ ...
Nice Jul 14, 2017

I like it! I have always thought the old menu is too small and not clear enough, and I'm happy to see this has been improved with the new design. And I like the way that the sub-menus are displayed when you hover over the menu, rather than having to click/open new tabs with the old menu.

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
More modern look. Jul 14, 2017

The navigation seems smoother, the design looks sleek, the colors are better.

The top bar "Switch back" and "Discuss the new menu" is distracting, but I guess it's just there temporarily.

This is just after a few minutes of browsing, of course I can't test all the features quickly, but for now I can definitely see an improvement. Good job.

jean-pierre belliard
jean-pierre belliard
France
French to German
+ ...
dans l'ensemble le lifting est réussi.... ceci étant je suis d'accord avec Nate Hill à plus ! Jul 14, 2017

Dan Lucas wrote:

Nate Hill wrote:
The ProZ.com site navigation has had an overhaul, and I'd like to ask the community to take it for a test drive.

The menus are fine, but please remove the large orange Update button. I am already a paying member. I don't want this distracting graphic element floating in my line of sight. It is not used on the navigation menu for the existing site.

Regards,
Dan

Ahmet Cigil (X)
Ahmet Cigil (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Turkish to English
+ ...
I like that Jul 14, 2017

I like it very much except for the Upgrade button for already paying members!

ALPTranslations
ALPTranslations
Argentina
Local time: 07:49
Member (2017)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Looks much better Jul 14, 2017

If you could apply this new look to the whole site, that'd be great, it looks like a 90's website.

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 17:49
English to Indonesian
+ ...
One tiny little problem... Jul 16, 2017

The new version doesn't scale down correctly anymore to tiny (4") screens.

Cheers,

Hans

Nate Hill
Nate Hill
United States
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 18, 2017

Meta Arkadia wrote:

The new version doesn't scale down correctly anymore to tiny (4") screens.

Cheers,

Hans

Hans, I fixed one place where I saw it not scaling down enough. Please let me know if there is somewhere specific you're still noticing an issue. Thanks!

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Now... Jul 18, 2017

... just do away with that upgrade button and you're good to go?

But seriously, you need to hide it under the homepage button or support button.

Olly

Natanael de Paula Sousa
Natanael de Paula Sousa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2016)
Italian to English
+ ...
One little problem Jul 18, 2017

Natanael de Paula Sousa wrote:

In my humble opinion, this new menu is more organized and even better looking than the older one. I'm not smart enough to have something to add to it.

The only problem that I've found was the fact that we can't come back to the home page. The "home button" doesn't do that.

[Edited at 2017-07-18 15:49 GMT]

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:49
Member (2008)
Italian to English
I won't upgrade Jul 18, 2017

I notice a number of people have already said this:

Please cool down the bright orange "upgrade" button. It kind of looks like a come-on, an invitation to click on it. Some kind of trick. I don't like that. What actually happens if we click on it?

[Edited at 2017-07-18 16:46 GMT]

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Give it a try..... Jul 18, 2017

Tom in London wrote:

Please cool down the bright orange "upgrade" button. It kind of looks like a come-on, an invitation to click on it. Some kind of trick. I don't like that. What actually happens if we click on it?

.... and you know.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Nate Jul 18, 2017

Nate Hill wrote:
Please provide your constructive feedback on this post.
`

The new design's nav burger has better-looking cascading effect. The old design allows for a narrower screen before reverting to a nav burger.

sterios prosiniklis
sterios prosiniklis  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:49
Member (2009)
Italian to Greek
+ ...
missing functionality Jul 19, 2017

with the new menu, this is the dialog i get when i choose the search client option in the relevant field on invoice creation

170719_08:50:47 πμ

[Edited at 2017-07-19 05:55 GMT]

Nate Hill
Nate Hill
United States
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Upgrade button update Jul 19, 2017

Tom in London wrote:

I've updated the button. For all paying members, it will no longer be shown.

For free level members, the button will be hidden for 90 days after you click on it. ProZ.com is continuing to make a number of updates to the features and services offered on the site. So even if you're fairly certain you'll never upgrade, checking in on that page every 90 days can serve as a good way to see what has changed on the site. In addition, with any new service, there is usually a free level of usage, which means you may learn about new features there that may interest you.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Call for Site Testers: ProZ.com has a new site navigation that needs your test driving

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »