Moderator topic

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >
Call for Site Testers: ProZ.com has a new site navigation that needs your test driving
Thread poster: Nate Hill
Ma. Fernanda Blesa
Ma. Fernanda Blesa  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 23:55
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hiding / closing the top green bar with the red buttons Jul 19, 2017

Can we get the option to close the "Meet the new ProZ.com" bar? Like in random sites when you're told they use cookies? I like the new look, I don't want to switch back, and that green+bright red is an attention-seeking eye-sore for me really. Please let us hide that.

Laura Bazzana
Laura Bazzana  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
Looks great! Jul 19, 2017

I find the new menu great, more organized and it looks more modern than the old one. I think you should use this design for the whole website

Laura Bazzana
Laura Bazzana  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
Agreed Jul 19, 2017

Ma. Fernanda Blesa wrote:

Can we get the option to close the "Meet the new ProZ.com" bar? Like in random sites when you're told they use cookies? I like the new look, I don't want to switch back, and that green+bright red is an attention-seeking eye-sore for me really. Please let us hide that.

I agree with you. I couldn't find the "close" button and after a while it becomes annoying

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:55
English to Italian
new site navigation Jul 19, 2017

WOW
amazing, I love it
great job

Maria da Glória Teixeira
Maria da Glória Teixeira  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2020)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
nova aparecia Jul 19, 2017

The Proz became a more conspicuous appearance

I hope it gets easier to navigate the page

Christina Pauly
Christina Pauly  Identity Verified
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Top bar Jul 20, 2017

The time zone in that yellowish color and small letters on the black background is quite hard to read. Or am I growing old?

Francesca Bernardis
Francesca Bernardis  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2010)
Portuguese to Italian
+ ...
Thanks Jul 20, 2017

Thanks, Nate, for the new navigation. I am not one for change, usually, but it is true that it does look nicer and more modern.

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
In the new menu there is no indicator for my availability
(...)
The indicator on the front page reminded me to update my calendar, when it was grey.

This was also my only major complaint when I first saw the new navigation, but I see it has been solved nicely. Bravo.

esperantisto wrote:
To me, it was not dark green. It was as black as coal.

Agreed that it looks almost black. Whether it is too dark or not will depend on the other colors used for site redesign.

Elena Alieva wrote:
2When you hover over menu items, the links such as "Term search" or "Ask question" are underlined and the dropdown items become dark green. This inconsistency is very unpleasant. Maybe you should consider choosing either the same hover color or underlining for everything on the menu.

Agreed. This is confusing.

Also, the "Other terminology resources" submenu under the "Terminology" menu does not close properly. It remains open if I move the cursor down to "Learn more about: Terminology at ProZ.com", and it also remains open if I move out of the menu and then back to "Terminology".

Alison MacG
Alison MacG  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:55
German to English
+ ...
Menus do not display correctly when using IE11 Jul 20, 2017

Some of the menus that appear when hovering over the various buttons do not display correctly in Internet Explorer 11. The text runs outside the boxes and also covers some of the chevrons for the sub-menus (incidentally, it is rather disappointing that extra navigation is now required to get to some items). Unfortunately I can't post screenshots here as that facility is only available to paying members.

I have the latest version of Windows 10 (creators update) and use IE11. I do
... See more
Some of the menus that appear when hovering over the various buttons do not display correctly in Internet Explorer 11. The text runs outside the boxes and also covers some of the chevrons for the sub-menus (incidentally, it is rather disappointing that extra navigation is now required to get to some items). Unfortunately I can't post screenshots here as that facility is only available to paying members.

I have the latest version of Windows 10 (creators update) and use IE11. I do not like Edge as a browser, but have checked it and the menus display correctly there.
Collapse

Japhet Mphande
Japhet Mphande
Zambia
Local time: 04:55
English to Nyanja
+ ...
Mr Jul 20, 2017

Well, I like the new look of the menu. It is nice!

Ma. Fernanda Blesa
Ma. Fernanda Blesa  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you!!! Jul 20, 2017

Ma. Fernanda Blesa wrote:

Yay! We can now hide it!!! Thank you so much!!!

Alan Vázquez
Alan Vázquez
Mexico
Local time: 20:55
English to Spanish
Great menu, hope it improves the whole site Jul 20, 2017

chneussar wrote:

The time zone in that yellowish color and small letters on the black background is quite hard to read. Or am I growing old?

I think you are right. There isn't enough contrast on time zone text and it's definitely hard to read. Perhaps a light sea green color would match?

I hope Proz gets a great color palette for the rest of the site. I definitely like the new menu's color.

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
ideas? Jul 20, 2017

it seems the Ideas icon/section disappeared: can you put it in the new GUI?

Claudio

ValeriaR_Arg
ValeriaR_Arg
Argentina
English to Spanish
:) Jul 20, 2017

The new menu looks great! Congratulations!

Nceba Matandabuzo
Nceba Matandabuzo
South Africa
English to Zulu
+ ...
ProZ.com has a new site navigation that needs your test driving Jul 21, 2017

Nice look and friendly navigation. The look is fressh and alive.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Where is link to My Forum postings? Jul 21, 2017

In the old version when hovering over my name I could go straight to the list of my Forum postings.
The home page does not adapt to my monitor, I only see half of the poll question box.

[Bearbeitet am 2017-07-21 05:46 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Call for Site Testers: ProZ.com has a new site navigation that needs your test driving

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »