Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
@Seasoned "Proz": What software is vital in your business as a freelancer?
Thread poster: Jillian Pandor
Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:31
Italian to English
In memoriam
Word add-ins Nov 4, 2013

If you do a lot of English-language proofreading and translation into English, you might find PerfectIt and/or Style Writer useful.

Sadly, they're not freeware but Proz sometimes runs specials on PerfectIt.

Paz González
Paz González  Identity Verified
Chile
English to Spanish
Depends on your area of expertise Nov 5, 2013

Hello Jillian,

I also tend to use wordreference and linguee. I think that when you are looking for a single word, google translate can give you a lot of options just like a dictionary. Reverso.net is a good option too. And, my bible is Simon and Schuster (hard copy). As a monolingual dictionary I like to use the dictionary of the Real Academia Española. In addition to these dictionaries, I always use some other technical dictionaries and glossaries that are related with my areas of
... See more
Hello Jillian,

I also tend to use wordreference and linguee. I think that when you are looking for a single word, google translate can give you a lot of options just like a dictionary. Reverso.net is a good option too. And, my bible is Simon and Schuster (hard copy). As a monolingual dictionary I like to use the dictionary of the Real Academia Española. In addition to these dictionaries, I always use some other technical dictionaries and glossaries that are related with my areas of expertise and here Wikipedia is very useful, too.
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:31
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
CafeTran! Nov 28, 2013

= my (favourite) CAT tool.

Michael

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

@Seasoned "Proz": What software is vital in your business as a freelancer?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »