Microsoft Editor (spell and grammar checker) now in Google Chrome for online text proofing
Thread poster: Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:46
English to French
+ ...
Jun 16, 2021

I haven’t seen the news anywhere on ProZ (unless I’m mistaken) so I’m putting it here.

If you have a Microsoft 365 subscription, you can now add Microsoft Editor as a Chrome extension (PC only at the moment, no Mac).
This will be useful especially for those working online a lot (mails etc.) and even more so for those using online CAT tools (Smartcat, Wordfast Anywhere, MemoQ online etc.).
Microsoft Editor Chrome extension does spell and grammar checking along with
... See more
I haven’t seen the news anywhere on ProZ (unless I’m mistaken) so I’m putting it here.

If you have a Microsoft 365 subscription, you can now add Microsoft Editor as a Chrome extension (PC only at the moment, no Mac).
This will be useful especially for those working online a lot (mails etc.) and even more so for those using online CAT tools (Smartcat, Wordfast Anywhere, MemoQ online etc.).
Microsoft Editor Chrome extension does spell and grammar checking along with style checking. There are a ton of buttons to fine tune how you want it to work, it remembers what to ignore (can’t import your dictionaries at the moment).
It’s AI-based and you can opt-out of data collection.

It’s early days, so some sites interact with it better than others, but that should improve fast.
For those interested I created a video on the topic on my YouTube channel FI2Pro in EN, ES and FR.

My bests
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Editor (spell and grammar checker) now in Google Chrome for online text proofing

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »