Thread poster: Margaret Lagoyianni
Margaret Lagoyianni
Margaret Lagoyianni
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:04
English to Greek
+ ...
Mar 29, 2002

I have had several answers graded which are no longer viewable. How does this work? Excuse my ignorance on this. Have checked through FAQs but can find no references.

Also, I have bid for a number of jobs for which I have not been accepted. I have never been informed of the outcome. According to FAQs the outsourcer is asked to send a notification to all bidders. Does this not work in practice?

Am enjoying the site but do get frustrated when I am ne
... See more
I have had several answers graded which are no longer viewable. How does this work? Excuse my ignorance on this. Have checked through FAQs but can find no references.

Also, I have bid for a number of jobs for which I have not been accepted. I have never been informed of the outcome. According to FAQs the outsourcer is asked to send a notification to all bidders. Does this not work in practice?

Am enjoying the site but do get frustrated when I am never being accepted for a job. They are obviously being passed on to more experienced members.

Happy Easter to all
Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Answers graded but with no winner chosen not viewable Mar 29, 2002

I have answered at least one question which is no longer viewable( German-English, Jan 18, Außenbox). The asker did not grade it, nor was a \"peer acclaim\" grade awarded.

When I was last able to view it, several weeks after it was asked, mine was still the only answer, with three \"agree\" grades from peers. Now it has disappeared altogether.

The \"peer acclaim\" system in general seems very erratic. Sometimes this is done within a few days, sometimes longer and sometime
... See more
I have answered at least one question which is no longer viewable( German-English, Jan 18, Außenbox). The asker did not grade it, nor was a \"peer acclaim\" grade awarded.

When I was last able to view it, several weeks after it was asked, mine was still the only answer, with three \"agree\" grades from peers. Now it has disappeared altogether.

The \"peer acclaim\" system in general seems very erratic. Sometimes this is done within a few days, sometimes longer and sometimes not at all. When an asker selects a winner, all those who submitted an answer are bnotified. Is the same done for \"peer acclaim\" awards? If not, I think it should be.
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:04
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Think Positive :-) Mar 29, 2002

[quote]

On 2002-03-29 11:22, margaretla wrote:

I have had several answers graded which are no longer viewable. How does this work?

Hi, you can click on \"your answer\" (KudoZ Page, or from your profile if your anwer was chosen by the asker) and you\'ll see the \"history\", all your answers listed (you can click on and navigate to each one of them).

........Also, I have bid for a number of jobs for which I have not been accepted. I have never been informed of the outcome.

On Proz Main Page, on the left you can read (after having logged in) \"Job bid history\" and you\'ll see if the pairs/jobs are still open or not.

.......Does this not work in practice?

It is up to them

.......Am enjoying the site but do get frustrated when I am never being accepted for a job. They are obviously being passed on to more experienced members.

Don\'t feel frustrated, we are so many and the jobs not so much.. or too many accept lower rates... or some colleagues have more experience... That\'s life! Don\'t give up! Bid for what you are qualified, but do not expect anything in turn. If you are a good translator, you\'ll come to good jobs. I have been in this business for fourteen years (a long and a very short while at the same time), still I don\'t get all the jobs, which I am qualified for and I have sent my offer, even for jobs I got to know \"outside\", in the real world... therefore here, in the virtual world, we have to expect that competition is keener and the more colleagues are bidding the smaller our chances should, but not ought to be.

Happy Easter to you, too.

Giuliana

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-03-29 18:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-03-30 06:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-03-30 06:34 ]

Margaret Lagoyianni
Margaret Lagoyianni
United Kingdom
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Mar 29, 2002

Hi Giuliana,

Thanks for your reply and the info contained.

It\'s consoling to know I am not alone out here.

Happy Easter to you

Best Wishes

margaret

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Grading unviewable answers

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »