Sworn translation of multiple-choice form (ES-EN)
Iniziatore argomento: Miguel Marqués
Miguel Marqués
Miguel Marqués  Identity Verified
Spagna
Local time: 18:50
Da Inglese a Spagnolo
+ ...
Jul 15, 2013

Dear all,

I am translating (ES_es-EN-uk) a 'Solicitud de autorización de estancia y prórroga - EX-00' (cf http://goo.gl/gfw1u), which is a multiple-choice form. I have 2 questions.

1) Is it necessary to translate all choices in document or only the ones marked by the applicant?

2) Page 2 are instructions on how to complete the form. Do these need be translated for full valid
... See more
Dear all,

I am translating (ES_es-EN-uk) a 'Solicitud de autorización de estancia y prórroga - EX-00' (cf http://goo.gl/gfw1u), which is a multiple-choice form. I have 2 questions.

1) Is it necessary to translate all choices in document or only the ones marked by the applicant?

2) Page 2 are instructions on how to complete the form. Do these need be translated for full validity of document?

Thank you so much beforehand, everyone!

Regards and have a great week.
Collapse

LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
Stati Uniti
Local time: 12:50
Da Russo a Inglese
+ ...
You usually have to translate everything Jul 15, 2013

unless asked otherwise, for some special purpose, but this would not apply to a certified translation. You simply have to leave the blank lines blank, and indicate which answer is marked.

You have to translate the instructions as well.

[Edited at 2013-07-15 16:19 GMT]

Paweł Hamerski
Paweł Hamerski
Polonia
Local time: 18:50
Da Inglese a Polacco
+ ...
not necessarily Jul 16, 2013

At the customer's request the instructions can be left out, but this fact must be clearly described in the translator's notes.

philgoddard
philgoddard
Stati Uniti
Da Tedesco a Inglese
+ ...
. Jul 16, 2013

You should ask the customer.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sworn translation of multiple-choice form (ES-EN)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »