Pagine:   < [1 2]
How to review a translator agreement before signing it?
Iniziatore argomento: linadia
linadia
linadia
Da Francese a Arabo
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
There is an indemnity clause Jun 28, 2008

Dear Anita,

Your suggestions are great. I see that most of the terms in that agreement do not work for me.

Anita Eichner wrote:

Since they're so prescriptive, I'm surprised there is no indemnity clause - or is there? Something along the lines that you're supposed to indemnify them from all losses and damages and so forth in case you breach the agreement? I'd delete that too...

They have an indemnity clause that states that the translator is to indemnify them "from all losses, damages, injury, costs and expenses of whatever nature suffered by (...) to extend that the same are caused by or related to: - materials or drawings given to (...) by the Translator in relation to the provision of the translation service provided by the Translator. - any breach of warranty given by the Translator in this Service Agreement. - any breach by the Translator of the terms of this Service Agreement."

linadia
linadia
Da Francese a Arabo
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
I did not sign it Jun 28, 2008

Damian Harrison wrote:

If you don't like a contract, don't sign it. Alter the contract, send it back and negotiate a deal that you feel more comfortable with.

After giving it a good thought and reading all your posts thouroughly and based on my previous experience in signing translator-agency agreements, I found that this particular one will not be fair to me.

Thank you all again for your kind help
Nadia

Pagine:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to review a translator agreement before signing it?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »