Local time: 12:16
Membro (2010)
Da Tedesco a Inglese
+ ...

Moderatore di questo Forum
Nov 10, 2012

All,

I am getting a bit desperate here....

I am trying to import a csv file (delimited by semicolons) containing two colums (German; English) and some 270 entries.
To confirm the file conents I have opened it with text editor and it all appears fine.
I use the crossTerm import wizard and all steps including import are fine. However, when I review the newly imported entries I can see only the German terms and not the English ones.

Any suggestions
... See more
All,

I am getting a bit desperate here....

I am trying to import a csv file (delimited by semicolons) containing two colums (German; English) and some 270 entries.
To confirm the file conents I have opened it with text editor and it all appears fine.
I use the crossTerm import wizard and all steps including import are fine. However, when I review the newly imported entries I can see only the German terms and not the English ones.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Peter

Collapse

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
Francia
Local time: 04:16
Membro (2007)
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
CSV crossTerm import Nov 12, 2012

Hi Peter
over time I found out that the safest way to import CSV files is to use the tabulator as a separator. I just imported a largish tab separated table and it works perfectly, both languages show up. Are you sure that you have entered all the information as to language, sublanguage, etc.?
My settings are:
Import without user interaction
Tabstopp as separator
Type of information: Column 1: term Column 2: term
Next choose language and sublanguage
T
... See more
Hi Peter
over time I found out that the safest way to import CSV files is to use the tabulator as a separator. I just imported a largish tab separated table and it works perfectly, both languages show up. Are you sure that you have entered all the information as to language, sublanguage, etc.?
My settings are:
Import without user interaction
Tabstopp as separator
Type of information: Column 1: term Column 2: term
Next choose language and sublanguage
Term data categories: no entry
Select exclusion file: any file name
Specify general import parameters: no entry
Import!
In the crossTerm window click on the flags for your languages.
* shows all terms

Hope that helps

Wolfgang
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

csv crossTerm import appears to import one language only

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »