Fridtjof Nansen - anyone have his books in English and German?
Thread poster: Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:01
German to English
Nov 13, 2007

Hi!
I realise this is a very long shot. But does anyone have the German and English versions of Fridtjof Nansen's book Farthest North/In Nacht und Eis from 1897. I have a quote and they would like the original version (which was obviously translated from Norwegian!):

"So fuhren wir dann, meist bei schönem Wetter, seltener in Regen und Nebel, zwischen Sunden und Inseln hindurch längs der norwegischen Küste nach Norden. Welch herrliches Land! I’d like to know whether there
... See more
Hi!
I realise this is a very long shot. But does anyone have the German and English versions of Fridtjof Nansen's book Farthest North/In Nacht und Eis from 1897. I have a quote and they would like the original version (which was obviously translated from Norwegian!):

"So fuhren wir dann, meist bei schönem Wetter, seltener in Regen und Nebel, zwischen Sunden und Inseln hindurch längs der norwegischen Küste nach Norden. Welch herrliches Land! I’d like to know whether there is a waterway anywhere in the world that is like this one."

Thanks
Gillian
Collapse

Hilde Granlund
Hilde Granlund  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 02:01
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Amazon Nov 13, 2007

has it, at least:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Farthest-North-Voyage-Exploration-1893-96/dp/1841582174/ref=sr_1_10/203-3536892-2546369?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194940837&sr=1-10

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fridtjof Nansen - anyone have his books in English and German?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »