mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 14:43
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 7, 2021

Idea

1. Export DWG to DXF.
2. Add a own unique tag to text in DXF and save as XML (so it will be possible to use XML-filter maker). At this step, it's possible to get rid off all not relevant segments (numbers, etc) using regex
3. Configure XML filter in DVX (cause DXF has no tags we'll see only added tag)
4. Import DXF
5. Translate
6. Export
7. Remove added tags
8 Open file in ACAD and save as DWG.

Everything goes fine but D
... See more
Idea

1. Export DWG to DXF.
2. Add a own unique tag to text in DXF and save as XML (so it will be possible to use XML-filter maker). At this step, it's possible to get rid off all not relevant segments (numbers, etc) using regex
3. Configure XML filter in DVX (cause DXF has no tags we'll see only added tag)
4. Import DXF
5. Translate
6. Export
7. Remove added tags
8 Open file in ACAD and save as DWG.

Everything goes fine but DVX can't even import whole dxf-xml to FILTER project without any visible cause. Last imported symbols - numbers - next NEW line.

In imported part everything is OK. Trying to import the same DXF-XML to DVX project cause DVX hanging without any info somewhere at the problem place........
There is no XML forbidden characters in xmled DXF.

Any ideas to dig further?
Collapse

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 06:43
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Maybe is not the answer You look for ... Sep 10, 2021

...but I have some experience translating AutoCAD dwg files, and my approach has being getting the software tool more suitable for the job. DVX was also my favorite CAT tool until I started to have continuous problems with the filters it offers. Although sometimes I tweak the xml filters for Trados Studio, unfortunately nowadays I don't have the time for doing the same with the DVX filters.
... See more
...but I have some experience translating AutoCAD dwg files, and my approach has being getting the software tool more suitable for the job. DVX was also my favorite CAT tool until I started to have continuous problems with the filters it offers. Although sometimes I tweak the xml filters for Trados Studio, unfortunately nowadays I don't have the time for doing the same with the DVX filters.

I used Trans (https://www.cadstudio.cz/en/apps/trans/) for extracting the text out of the .dwg files and insert the translated text back. It used to be free, but now they charge a low price, very easy on anybody's pocket.

Please notice that this tool does not support double-byte languages nor Unicode (UTF-8).
Collapse

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Sep 11, 2021

I used Trans (https://www.cadstudio.cz/en/apps/trans/) for extracting the text out of the .dwg files and insert the translated text back. It used to be free, but now they charge a low price, very easy on anybody's pocket.

Please notice that this tool does not support double-byte languages nor Unicode (UTF-8).

2021 year and tool does not support Unicode? Is this normal?
Hope in Autocad 2023 Autodesk pay attention to this problem and make possible to export/import text for translation

But know I need other ideas to import dxf (or may be dwg) to DVX.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
DXF > XLIFF Sep 13, 2021

mikhailo wrote:

But know I need other ideas to import dxf (or may be dwg) to DVX.

You can use CafeTran Espresso to convert DXF to XLIFF and translate this in Déjà Vu.

Since you won't be using CafeTran Espresso's memory or glossary features, the unlicensed version of CafeTran Espresso will do.

Stepan Konev

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Sep 13, 2021

German Dutch Engineering Translation wrote:

You can use CafeTran Espresso to convert DXF to XLIFF and translate this in Déjà Vu.
Since you won't be using CafeTran Espresso's memory or glossary features, the unlicensed version of CafeTran Espresso will do.

Now I'm started to study Cafetran and it embarassed me....

Regarding DXF - I haven't found any settings for DXF in Cafetran. DXF 2008 use standart windows encoding 125X, DXF 2013 uses UTF8.

I've tried to import DXF2008 in CFT -> Some russian text inside looks unreadable.

IN MY SOLUTION I CAN MARK ONLY TEXT, THAT NEED TO BE TRANSLATED. All other text extractors from DXF EXCTRACT EVERYTHING, usually with a lot of garbage, which not need to be translated.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
RE: Add an own unique tag to text in DXF and save as XML Sep 13, 2021

What does this step 2 mean? The phrase "Add a tag to text" doesn't make sense to me. Which tag? How can I add it? The same with step 3. "Configure XML filter", what does it stand for? Does it involve any additional actions to configure the filter settings/properties somehow, or "configure" means just adding the filter (for example, by checking a box)? Those two steps make the entire workflow useless. If you know what they mean, you don't need these step-by-step instructions. If you don't know wh... See more
What does this step 2 mean? The phrase "Add a tag to text" doesn't make sense to me. Which tag? How can I add it? The same with step 3. "Configure XML filter", what does it stand for? Does it involve any additional actions to configure the filter settings/properties somehow, or "configure" means just adding the filter (for example, by checking a box)? Those two steps make the entire workflow useless. If you know what they mean, you don't need these step-by-step instructions. If you don't know what they mean, you just can't use the instructions.
Can you elaborate on that please?

[Edited at 2021-09-13 09:42 GMT]
Collapse

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
explanation Sep 13, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

What does this step 2 mean? The phrase "Add a tag to text" doesn't make sense to me. Which tag? How can I add it? The same with step 3. "Configure XML filter", what does it stand for? Does it involve any additional actions to configure the filter settings/properties somehow, or "configure" means just adding the filter (for example, by checking a box)? Those two steps make the entire workflow useless. If you know what they mean, you don't need these step-by-step instructions. If you don't know what they mean, you just can't use the instructions.
Can you elaborate on that please?

[Edited at 2021-09-13 09:42 GMT]

DXF spec

text is stored in TEXT or MTEXT sectiorn under field 1 (It DFX fields have indentations)

Example
MTEXT
25B
AcDbEntity
Continuous
AcDbMText
\W01.192;\H2.51;\T0.81;
blockfont

OUR TEXT is \W01.192;\H2.51;\T0.81; (in bold). But because DVX has no adaptable TEXT filter, but has XML - we need to tag TEXT with any
invented tag, which will never appear on drawing and which will be easy to delete after translation (I use «» instead of < and > for visibility HERE)
for example «gggggg»
«ggggggg»\W01.192;\H2.51;\T0.81; «/ggggggg»
Then we write regex and make the replacement

MTEXT
25B
AcDbEntity
Continuous
AcDbMText
«ggggggg»\W01.192;\H2.51;\T0.81; «/ggggggg»
blockfont
and save new file as XML UTF8.

Then we make own XML filter simply checking «gggggg» tag. But this works only for part of produced false DXF-xml.

[Редактировалось 2021-09-13 09:59 GMT]

[Редактировалось 2021-09-13 10:01 GMT]

[Редактировалось 2021-09-13 10:05 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Contact Support Sep 13, 2021

mikhailo wrote:
Regarding DXF - I haven't found any settings for DXF in Cafetran. DXF 2008 use standart windows encoding 125X, DXF 2013 uses UTF8.

I've tried to import DXF2008 in CFT -> Some russian text inside looks unreadable.

Contact CafeTran Espresso support or create a ticket at https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX and AutoCAD

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »