pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:07
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Resume Fraud: Is Someone Stealing Your Resume? Mar 11, 2016

What can you do? Here are some suggestions to reduce the odds of becoming a victim of resume theft:

Protect your document before submitting it online or sending via email. A PDF is the most difficult to copy, and the first choice for sending via direct email. Not all job boards accept PDF, so use a protected word document in that case. It can still be copied, but at least it adds a layer of difficulty.

Make sure your resume has many achievements specific to you. If some
... See more
What can you do? Here are some suggestions to reduce the odds of becoming a victim of resume theft:

Protect your document before submitting it online or sending via email. A PDF is the most difficult to copy, and the first choice for sending via direct email. Not all job boards accept PDF, so use a protected word document in that case. It can still be copied, but at least it adds a layer of difficulty.

Make sure your resume has many achievements specific to you. If someone is thinking of trying to steal your content, achievements are more difficult to justify in an interview, and they may think twice.

Don’t put your drivers license or social security numbers, date of birth, or marital status on your resume.

Create a new email to be used only for your job search, so you don’t corrupt the personal email you want to maintain. You will know anything suspicious that comes to this address is a result of your posting your resume, and will be easier to track.

Thoroughly read the privacy policy of the sites where you post your resume. Make sure they won’t sell your resume and have adequate privacy controls in place.

Avoid submitting your resume for a “free resume critique.” Many of these services are unscrupulous and don’t provide useful advice to really improve your resume, and you don’t know how they will use your resume after you submit it.

Limit your open job board postings. I know it sounds heretical to someone in the midst of a job search, but when you realize the majority of jobs are never posted online, the odds for success are low anyway.

Spend your time networking and selectively sending out your resume, instead of competing with 100’s of jobseekers for an online position that may already have an internal candidate lined up to fill it.

If a job posting has a vague or poorly written description, avoid it.

Treat your resume as you would any of your valuable identity papers. Doing so will limit your chances of being a resume theft victim, and protect your hard-earned career history from aiding someone else in getting the position you deserve.

http://thecareerexperts.com/jobseekers/tips-strategies/is-someone-stealing-your-resume-in-this-tough-economy-resume-theft-is-on-the-rise/
Collapse

Rita Pang
Rita Pang  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2011)
Chinese to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
其他使用简历行骗的 Mar 18, 2016

jyuan_us wrote:

pkchan wrote:

-盜用你的身份,以你的名義聯繫你的客戶。
-用低價搶走你的客戶。
-更改你的聯絡資料。
-用你的專業知識,學歷,招攬業務。

並不是完全沒有影響。需知騙子可能把你的簡歷發到幾百個公司。萬一下次你跟其中的一些取得聯繫,你的真簡歷有可能被他們當成假的。

营销的确说不通,但是的确遇到过很多客户一是在合作前,或是合作一段时间后要求我列出最少三个end client 的名字,呵呵,这样抢生意真的让人哭笑不得。这些要求我通常拒绝,也可能会丢了一些客户,可是要不要也没所谓了。

Vivian Du (PhD)
Vivian Du (PhD)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:07
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
还有这样的 Mar 18, 2016

Rita Pang wrote:

jyuan_us wrote:

pkchan wrote:

-盜用你的身份,以你的名義聯繫你的客戶。
-用低價搶走你的客戶。
-更改你的聯絡資料。
-用你的專業知識,學歷,招攬業務。

並不是完全沒有影響。需知騙子可能把你的簡歷發到幾百個公司。萬一下次你跟其中的一些取得聯繫,你的真簡歷有可能被他們當成假的。

营销的确说不通,但是的确遇到过很多客户一是在合作前,或是合作一段时间后要求我列出最少三个end client 的名字,呵呵,这样抢生意真的让人哭笑不得。这些要求我通常拒绝,也可能会丢了一些客户,可是要不要也没所谓了。

还有这样的手段,谢谢你的提醒, Rita.

Rita Pang
Rita Pang  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2011)
Chinese to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
usually before you start collaboration Mar 18, 2016

Vivian Du (PhD) wrote:

还有这样的手段

This usually starts BEFORE collaboration starts. In my case, I've had two agencies who asked me to provide 3 references after having worked with them for 1 + year. As such, I provided names of 2 agencies- as I really have no right to disclose the names of those direct clients and told them to go to those agencies.

Of course, prior to that, I made sure that I selected 2 agencies which charge more or less the same rates as the asker.

In general, this usually only starts when they ask you to "sign up" and become a LSP. These days when i see those types of requests I simply ignore them and move on.

Meixia Jordan
Meixia Jordan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:07
English to Chinese
+ ...
不劳而获 Apr 5, 2016

有一家丹麦公司屡次(由不同的PM)询问我接免费翻译(free trial)项目,我都拒绝了,然后清楚声明我的翻译价格,结果每次他们居然还是同意付费!到底在做什么游戏?我肯定会有其他翻译接受免费要求,尤其是刚入行的新同事。
这一类的公司实在有占小便宜之嫌!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

有关简历的骗局

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »