Is it possible to get WF to match CAPS and small letters automatically?
Iniziatore argomento: Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:53
Da Italiano a Inglese
+ ...
Dec 7, 2005

I've set Pandora's box to Different case = 99, but is there anyway to make Wordfast automatically *match* the case in the translation? I translate a lot of very similar contracts where the only difference between a given segment is the use of words in caps or small letters. It would save me a lot of time if Wordfast would just match the original instead of making me do it manually every time.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Paesi Bassi
Membro (2006)
Da Inglese a Afrikaans
+ ...
Write your own macro Dec 8, 2005

Marie-Helene Hayles wrote:
I translate a lot of very similar contracts where the only difference between a given segment is the use of words in caps or small letters.

I recorded a macro for that. My TM contains TUs in all uppercase, but sometimes I get segments in new texts in sentence case. So I recorded a macro that responds to Alt+Num5 to change the uppercase into sentence case. Very useful and not complicated.

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Da Italiano a Inglese
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
A very belated thanks to Samuel Feb 17, 2006

So basically the answer is no

I'll have to go to the macro-writing session at the next Proz conference...

Jaroslav Tomiczek
Jaroslav Tomiczek  Identity Verified
Da Inglese a Ceco
Shift+F3 Feb 23, 2006

Samuel Murray wrote:
I recorded a macro for that. My TM contains TUs in all uppercase, but sometimes I get segments in new texts in sentence case. So I recorded a macro that responds to Alt+Num5 to change the uppercase into sentence case. Very useful and not complicated.

Isn't this function already included in Word? (Shift+F3)
Jaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to get WF to match CAPS and small letters automatically?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »