Wordfast alightment tool
Iniziatore argomento: heather128
heather128
heather128  Identity Verified
Stati Uniti
Local time: 07:19
Da Inglese a Vietnamita
Sep 1, 2015

Hi I have files in both source language and target language and would like to create a TM for myself in wordfast anywhere alignment tool. But it turned out many of words were not aligned properly. In fact 70 % of the file was not aligned. What should I do? is there any other alternative to wordfast alignment tool?

Marcelina Haftka
Marcelina Haftka  Identity Verified
Polonia
Local time: 13:19
Da Inglese a Polacco
+ ...
Other alignment options Sep 1, 2015

You can use PlusTools with Wordfast Classic or Wordfast Pro aligner - they function rather fine in my opinion.

Good luck!

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Paesi Bassi
Membro (2006)
Da Inglese a Afrikaans
+ ...
LF Aligner and PlusTools Sep 1, 2015

heather128 wrote:
I have files in both source language and target language and would like to create a TM for myself in Wordfast Anywhere alignment tool. But it turned out many of words were not aligned properly. In fact 70% of the file was not aligned.

The problem with the WFA alignment tool is that it is not interactive, so you can't fix mistakes on the fly. However, the WFA alignment tool should have sent you three files, namely a TMX file, a TXT file and an Excel file. You can edit the Excel file to fix the alignment.

PlusTools is an interactive alignment tool that creates WF TMs, but it sometimes breaks up target segments and puts chunks of it in the source column. Easy to spot, but it can be annoying.

LF Align is mostly non-interactive but we've all heard very good things about it. It creates a TMX file, not a WF TM.

Aelf
Aelf
Polonia
Da Inglese a Polacco
+ ...
If you don't like the WF (Anywhere) Aligner... Sep 6, 2015

... here are two other programs to check out:

http://felix-cat.com/tools/align-assist/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/superalign/?source=typ_redirect

I haven't used them yet, though.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast alightment tool

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »