Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
Stati Uniti
Local time: 23:04
Membro (2002)
Da Inglese a Ungherese
+ ...
Mar 28, 2002

Has anybody tried to use any Japanese OCR software: \"Kanji Scan OC\", \"Kanji OCR\", etc?

If yes, please share your experience. I am thinking about purchasing such a software, but I want to know your opinion!

Thanks

Katalin H. McClure

williamson (X)
williamson (X)
Local time: 05:04
Da Olandese a Inglese
+ ...
Abby Finereader Mar 28, 2002

Have a look at

http://www.abbyy.com/ocr_products.asp. If I am not mistaken abbyy finereader supports almost every language on the globe. Costs about $500.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
Stati Uniti
Local time: 23:04
Membro (2002)
Da Inglese a Ungherese
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
Thanks. but no Japanese support Mar 28, 2002

I checked out the webpage - looks like a great product, but it does not handle Japanese. I think it does not support any Asian languages.

Katalin

ALAIN COTE (X)
ALAIN COTE (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:04
Da Giapponese a Francese
Yonde koko! Mar 29, 2002

I use Yonde koko Version 6.0. Very satisfied. You can download a trial version of Version 8.0 at the following address :

http://www.aisoft.co.jp/

Good luck!

Alain

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatore(i) di questo Forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Japanese OCR software - anybody?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »