Iniziatore argomento: Liss Myrås (X)
Liss Myrås (X)
Liss Myrås (X)  Identity Verified
Svezia
Local time: 17:07
Da Danese a Norvegese
+ ...
Nov 16, 2002

1 week ago I purchased a new domain here on Proz.com. When I had completed the registration I got the message that I could edit my domain site at once, but it would not be able to be published until 36 hours later, and that was of course OK by me. But 2 days later I still could not access or edit my domain so I asked for support. The support message I got was that it was to soon to access it. Well....concidering that Proz have had som difficulties I waited another 2 days before I asked for furth... See more
1 week ago I purchased a new domain here on Proz.com. When I had completed the registration I got the message that I could edit my domain site at once, but it would not be able to be published until 36 hours later, and that was of course OK by me. But 2 days later I still could not access or edit my domain so I asked for support. The support message I got was that it was to soon to access it. Well....concidering that Proz have had som difficulties I waited another 2 days before I asked for further support and an explanation about the error:

Error: [No such file or directory] Unable to open, etc.

This did not help either,I just got a question if it was working now.

So, is any one else having similar problems?

It`s not a big issue for me to wait for access, but it would surely help to know for how long, and why this incident occures.

Is Proz still having difficulties? Perhaps there should be a \"status report site\" here on Proz where we could find solutions to temporary problems when they occure? I understand that the support staff are very busy, so am I asking for too much here?

Anyway, after all I think that Proz.com is a comprehensive and useful site, full of resources and possibilities, and I am very happy to be a part of it!)

Best regards

Liss Myrås
[addsig]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germania
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
Check site status - submit Support Request Nov 16, 2002

Hi Liss,

Quote:

Is Proz still having difficulties? Perhaps there should be a \"status report site\" here on Proz where we could find solutions to temporary problems when they occure? I understand that the support staff are very busy, so am I asking for too much here?

Certainly not - there is a \"site support\" page that\'s accessible via the \"Get support\" link.

Incidentally, hosting problems ... See more
Hi Liss,

Quote:

Certainly not - there is a \"site support\" page that\'s accessible via the \"Get support\" link.

Incidentally, hosting problems were identified there throughout last week.

What you can also do is submit a Support Request (same link).

HTH - Ralf

Collapse

Liss Myrås (X)
Liss Myrås (X)  Identity Verified
Svezia
Da Danese a Norvegese
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
Thank you Ralf! Nov 16, 2002

I thought I had been \"ewerywhere\" on the Proz site, but obviously I have totally missed that important link.

Now I know better and will remain \"calm\"

;o) until the upgrade work is done.

Thank your for your answer Ralf!

Best regards

Liss

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

1 week anniversary of domain host error

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »