Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portogallo
Local time: 08:15
Da Olandese a Inglese
+ ...
Yep, it happens Jul 18, 2007

Dina Abdo wrote:

OH MY GOD!

I needed that poll to wake me up! I didn't step out of my house door since 43 days exactly!!!!!

I went through stages like that, although my maximum was 19. I'm far better off since I stopped being a recluse but it's quite an easy trap to fall into if you're always busy.

Get out Dina

[Edited at 2007-07-18 13:09]

Barbara Cochran, MFA
Barbara Cochran, MFA  Identity Verified
Stati Uniti
Local time: 03:15
Da Spagnolo a Inglese
+ ...
Are You Serious!? Jul 18, 2007

You sound like a prisoner, Dina! Go out and get some (hopefully) fresh air!

Rebecca Garber
Rebecca Garber  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:15
Membro (2005)
Da Tedesco a Inglese
+ ...
I never wanted a dog... Jul 18, 2007

Saifa wrote:

... I have a dog.

I'm a cat person, and we have 3.

But the dog gets me out of the house for for 3-5Km per day and saves my sanity.

I may not *talk* to anyone except via email all day, but that's a different question.

Dina Abdo
Dina Abdo  Identity Verified
Palestina
Local time: 10:15
Membro (2005)
Arabo
+ ...
I'M OUT! Jul 19, 2007

Rebecca?

femme?

I went out for a couple of hours ... Yahoooooooooooo!

I should be doing that more often!

hahahahaha

Penelope Ausejo
Penelope Ausejo  Identity Verified
Spagna
Local time: 09:15
Da Inglese a Spagnolo
+ ...
At least twice a day Jul 20, 2007

Everyday weekday I have coffee with a friend at 9. After 6 I go out with my babies until dinner time. On Tuesdays I have lunch with my school friends and on Wednesdays with one friend from my last job. On Thursdays I have coffee after lunch with another friend. That means 2 or 3 times a day.

On weekends I try to stay most of the day out (even though the weather sucks here so we have to go a mall or to a bar) and try to go partying every Saturday (or Friday depending on other people'
... See more
Everyday weekday I have coffee with a friend at 9. After 6 I go out with my babies until dinner time. On Tuesdays I have lunch with my school friends and on Wednesdays with one friend from my last job. On Thursdays I have coffee after lunch with another friend. That means 2 or 3 times a day.

On weekends I try to stay most of the day out (even though the weather sucks here so we have to go a mall or to a bar) and try to go partying every Saturday (or Friday depending on other people's plans).

I'll die if I have to stay a whole day at home... c'est la vie!
Collapse

Heloísa Ferdinandt
Heloísa Ferdinandt  Identity Verified
Stati Uniti
Local time: 00:15
Da Inglese a Portoghese
+ ...
A quasi zombie Jul 26, 2007

Mark Nathan wrote:

Recently I tend to get irritated if I am away from the computer for more than an hour or so.
Anywhere else seems either a waste of time or money or simply an unnecessary risk.
I 've been cutting down on sleep too, since I prefer a zombie state in which I can only really concentrate on the screen and the translation in hand...
JUST KIDDING, but if wasn't for other family members I could easily end up this way.

That is it. Can I sign this one with you, Mark?
I wouldn't be able to say it better. Just my family to keep me from becoming a zombie-part of my lap-top.
It is not that bad. I do go out to take care of my plants... and they are alive and beautiful.

[Edited at 2007-07-26 21:11]

Pagine:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatore(i) di questo Forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How often do you leave the house?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »