EmilyBailey
Regno Unito
Local time: 17:29
Da Francese a Inglese
+ ...
Oct 23, 2017

Good afternoon,
Managed to solve it - 23/10/2017 at 18:22
I have been given an xliff file to translate, and in the past whenever I have used OmegaT and clicked on 'create translated document', the translated xliff file is in the target folder. This time, however, I have had no such luck. Has anyone ever encountered this issue, and if so - how did you go about sorting it?

Many thanks in advance,

Emily

[Edited at 2017-10-23 17:23 GMT]

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kirghizistan
Da Inglese a Russo
+ ...
What was the solution? Oct 25, 2017

EmilyBailey wrote:

Good afternoon,
Managed to solve it - 23/10/2017 at 18:22
I have been given an xliff file to translate, and in the past whenever I have used OmegaT and clicked on 'create translated document', the translated xliff file is in the target folder. This time, however, I have had no such luck. Has anyone ever encountered this issue, and if so - how did you go about sorting it?

Many thanks in advance,

Emily

[Edited at 2017-10-23 17:23 GMT]

Glad to hear you've managed to solve it! Can you share the solution? I don't normally use OmegaT, but for people who do, it could be useful.

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
Francia
Local time: 18:29
Da Spagnolo a Francese
+ ...
Yep! Nov 2, 2017

I'm with Artem... would be nice to have the solution

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:29
Da Inglese a Ceco
OmegaT + filters Nov 2, 2017

EmilyBailey wrote:

I have used OmegaT and clicked on 'create translated document', the translated xliff file is in the target folder.

This time, however, I have had no such luck. Has anyone ever encountered this issue, and if so - how did you go about sorting it?

I am translating *.XLF (renamed TXLF from Wordfast Pro 5) in OmegaT 4.1.2_3 from October 7, 2017 (a nightly Builds (link from http://omegat.org/download ) with okapiFiletersForOmegaT-1-4m33 and all works as usual.

Milan

alfred-b
alfred-b
Russia
Local time: 19:29
Da Inglese a Russo
+ ...
use another CAT Nov 2, 2017

would be nice to have the solution

A questo Forum non è stato assegnato un Moderatore
Per segnalare violazioni delle regole del sito od ottenere aiuto, contatta staff sito »

Omega T not creating translated XLIFF file in target folder

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »