Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spagna
Local time: 23:47
Da Spagnolo a Inglese
+ ...
Sep 28, 2011

Hi all,

Anyone living or simply staying in Granada on Translators' Day?

The literary translators' association ACEtt and Grupo Tibonidas, backed by ASETRAD and APTIC, are holding:

29 Sept.: Multilingual reading of Romantic poets (Hölderlin, Keats and Pushkin) at 20:30 in Hotel Hospes Palacio de los Patos (Solarillo de Gracia, 1).

30 Sept.: "Alien versus Translator" - the reading of several automatic translations into other languages of a brief
... See more
Hi all,

Anyone living or simply staying in Granada on Translators' Day?

The literary translators' association ACEtt and Grupo Tibonidas, backed by ASETRAD and APTIC, are holding:

29 Sept.: Multilingual reading of Romantic poets (Hölderlin, Keats and Pushkin) at 20:30 in Hotel Hospes Palacio de los Patos (Solarillo de Gracia, 1).

30 Sept.: "Alien versus Translator" - the reading of several automatic translations into other languages of a brief Spanish text at 20:00 in the Palacio de Santa Cruz of the Granada Centre of Modern Languages.

Announcement at: http://tibonidas.wordpress.com/2011/09/23/celebracion-del-dia-del-traductor-2011-en-granada/

Should anyone be going, I'm particularly interested in hearing a recap of the 30 September event

Pretty please?

Cecilia
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spagna
Da Spagnolo a Inglese
+ ...
Me too Sep 28, 2011

Parrot wrote:
Should anyone be going, I'm particularly interested in hearing a recap of the 30 September event

Pretty please?

Cecilia

Should be a hoot. I still have a 20th century version of Systran which translates "piña" as "fragmentation grenade"...

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spagna
Da Spagnolo a Inglese
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
Piña Colada Sep 28, 2011

Strained Fragmentation Grenade

Sure you didn't get that from a military application?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatore(i) di questo Forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Alien versus Translator"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »