Pauline Ratzé
Svizzera
Local time: 00:15
Membro (2023)
Da Inglese a Francese
+ ...
Jun 16, 2009

Hello,

I am currently writing my final thesis to obtain a MA in Translation Studies at University of Geneva. My final work focuses on various parts of the everyday work of independant translators. To gather some datas, I created a short survey and would appreciate if some people working as an independant translators could take a couple of minutes to answer it. It would be a great help for me.

The survey is in French, so you need to understand French to answer it, here
... See more
Hello,

I am currently writing my final thesis to obtain a MA in Translation Studies at University of Geneva. My final work focuses on various parts of the everyday work of independant translators. To gather some datas, I created a short survey and would appreciate if some people working as an independant translators could take a couple of minutes to answer it. It would be a great help for me.

The survey is in French, so you need to understand French to answer it, here is the link: http://tinyurl.com/orbfxn

Thank you very much for your collaboration,

Greetings from Geneva,

Pauline
http://ledicodanslapeau.wordpress.com
Collapse

Penelope Ausejo
Penelope Ausejo  Identity Verified
Spagna
Da Inglese a Spagnolo
+ ...
Done deal! Jun 17, 2009

Done... Good luck!

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spagna
Membro (2005)
Da Inglese a Spagnolo
+ ...
Done Jun 17, 2009

I look forward to seeing the results! Good luck Pauline!

Stéphanie Soudais
Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
Francia
Da Inglese a Francese
Done, and one comment Jun 17, 2009

Hi Pauline,

You ask twice the same question:
Associations - Si oui, avez-vous déjà trouvé des mandats sur un de ces portails?

For this question I would have liked to answer: yes, because people contacted me via my profile.

Stéphanie

Patricia Lane
Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
Francia
Da Francese a Inglese
+ ...
Done Jun 17, 2009

Pauline, two points: first, the SFT does not express recommended rates, this is illegal in France though not in Switzerland; and second on late payment penalties, there is a huge difference between including those as part of one's contractual terms and being able in fact to collect them. I would rephrase the question...

Cheers,

Patricia

Werner Walther
Werner Walther  Identity Verified
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
Good luck! Jun 17, 2009

I have just filled the form.

PS.: Jobs via ProZ. I have been here for two weeks only. I have contacted for one quotation, a really good job probably, and the decision will be in this week. So I have marked "one".

Look in my profile at ProZ, I have translated big, big, big books, if you have any questions, you're welcome!

Soyez la bienvenue!

Werner.

Pauline Ratzé
Pauline Ratzé
Svizzera
Membro (2023)
Da Inglese a Francese
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
Thank you Jun 18, 2009

Thank you all for the numerous replies, I really appreciate you offering some of your time to answer my survey.

Thanks also for your comments, it's very helpful.

irina savescu
irina savescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 01:15
Da Inglese a Rumeno
Typo? Jun 18, 2009

I may be wrong but I think there is a mistake in the CAT list. Between Wordfast and Deja Vu you have listed Open T. I never heard of it and couldn't find it on a quick internet search so I'm guessing you meant Omega T (I'm saying this because I would've ticked that option had it been there). Or is it some abbreviation for Open Language Tools?
Do let me know if it's just another software I haven't yet heard of.

Best of luck with your thesis.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Survey About Independant Translators

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »