Main areas of specialization: oil & gas, technical/engineering, and marketing.
Secondary areas: automotive, business, agriculture, governmental (anti-terrorism, AIDS, energy), cuisine, tourism.
Very extensive experience in various oil & gas sectors, pumps, paint additives.
Working with SDL Trados 2007, 2009 Studio.
Author of several books, including Internet Freelancing: Practical Guide for Translators in English and Russian, published in 2008.
A couple of independent reviews of Internet Freelancing found in the web: one by Kevin Lossner and another by Faisal Kalim
Если вам интересны мои взгляды на фриланс, почитайте это интервью или эту статью.
Fiction (over 30 books published including Stephen King's Rose Madder and Dark Tower).
Profound University education + language practice in Manchester, UK. Extensive & diversified experience.
QA procedures strictly adhered to
+380 (57) 7146150 (work)
+380 50 301 5356 (mobile)
REVIEW OF TRANSLATION IN THE PAST FEW YEARS
Oil & Gas
• Kashagan, Vankor, Sakhalin, Caspian oil and gas deposit development projects
— Including documents on drencher and sprinkler systems, alarm & notification, process flowcharts, procurement, material and equipment specifications, datasheets, welding procedures and control, pumping systems, contracts, bladder tank proportioning system, tender bids, environmental surveys, design and development documentation, land reclamation, mining, GOST, SNiP standards
• Diversified marketing and advertising materials
— Booklets, leaflets, catalogues, websites, materials for fairs and exhibitions
— Industrial equipment; office furniture; environmental protection; household equipment & consumer electronics
— Market reviews
• Installation, operation, service and maintenance manuals for
— Pipe bending machines, vibration mixers, capsule filling machine, PET bottle production line, plastics manufacturing machine, UV dryers, sanding, profiling, honing, polishing, painting machines, CNC machines, packaging machines
— Heating, ventilating, air conditioning system, solenoid valves and pumps, programmable gauges, interfaces and probes
— Acoustic signature equipment
— Documentation and manuals for equipment supplied for Chernobyl Power Station
— Ozone generators, pumps, heat exchangers, thermosyphons
Business, Company Policies, Training, Politics
• Training materials, presentations, online training courses
— Several anti-harassment, anti-discrimination training courses, anti-terrorism (over 2,000.000 words in several years
— Company profiles, policies on accounting, delegation of authority, control, etc.
— Various contracts, economical analysis, reviews, business proposals, feasibility studies
— Material for local and international political and business conferences
• Production of plastics, heat-shrinkable films, PET bottles, SOP of a chromatography method of substance identification, MSDS, safety procedures, additives
• DVD players, LCD monitors & TV’s, refrigerators, gas stoves, hobs, video cameras; HP equipment translation & localization, cell phones, Blootooth, iPOD, MP3, wireless devices and accessories
• A set of tender documentation for a mail exchange facility
• User manual, graphic interface for automated traffic control system
• Survey for mineral exploration
• CSTV systems
- I once translated 18,000 words within 24 hours but will never agree to do it again! So basically it's 2,500-3,000 words a day.
Free sample translation of up to 200 words or small jobs as a token of future cooperation.
Please contact me with a sample for a precise quote.
My work record includes short periods when I worked at a construction site laying bricks and mixing concrete; as an apprentice of a turner at a machine-building factory; I operated a printing machine; I got inside a tank to see where a particular part is installed... This experience comes handy - even if the word itself is strange I often know what it is!
MAJOR RECENT PROJECTS
* Translation of Anti-Harassment, Anti-Discrimination Training Course for employees
* A set of tender documentation for a mail exchange facility, Italian into Russian, 80 pages
* Translation of www.brahma.com into Russian
* A series of marketing and advertising materials on clothes designers, fashions, etc, English/Italian into Russian
* A selection of manuals for pipe bending machines, vibration mixers, capsule filling machine, ca. 600 pages in 2006
* Medical reviews, prompts for patient event reporting facility, English into Ukrainian
* Manual for PET bottle production line
* Plastics manufacturing machine manual, Italian into Russian, 63 pages; heating, ventilating, air conditioning system manual, 40 pages
* User’s Manual, Graphic Interface for automated traffic control system, Spanish into Russian, ca, 20,000 words
* A set of Operation & Maintenance Manuals + supplements for Bladder Tank Proportioning System
* Management - Translation of an e-shop, French into Russian, ca. 300,000 words
* Analysis of WTO membership impact for Ukrainian economy, English into Ukrainian, ca. 12,000 words
* Documents for welding procedures, inspection, etc, for Kashagan Development Project, English into Russian - ongoing
* SOP of a chromatography method of substance identification, 3,500 words
* Survey for Mineral Exploration, 8,000 words English into Russian
* Company profile, review of operations, business proposal of a company dealing in communications infrastructure (design and installation of communication masts and towers), English into Russian: later the company won the tender and it continued with documentation for Kazakhstan – China crude oil pipeline project: engineering, procurement & construction of SCADA & telecommunication system and experimental Kashagan development program, English into Russian, ongoing
* Translation of Installation and Operation manuals for several programmable gauges, interfaces and probes for Enraf, Holland; English into Russian, ca. 180 pages.
* Safety Data Sheets for several ATARFIL S.L. (Granada) products
* Website content related to environmental protection
* Yearly financial and auditing report for Cardif S.A., ca. 5,000 words, French into Russian
* Translation of materials on wood processing machinery for Hannover Exhibition, German into Russian, 12,000 words
* Translation of PowerPoint presentations of a new treatment method for femoral neck fractures
* Manuals for solenoid valves and pumps, English into Russian, ca. 25,000 words
* Review of a DVD player User Manual, English into Ukrainian; translation of camcorder User Manual
* Translation of Operation Manuals for wood processing equipment, 36,000 words, German into Russian
* Translation of a furniture catalogue, French into Russian, ca, 14,000 words
* Translation of manuals for packaging machines, ca. 40,000 words, German into Russian
* Translation of Operation Manuals for turning machines, ca. 80 pages, Frenach/German into Russian,
* 15,000 words translation/localization project for HP equipment, English into Ukrainian
* Assorted IT translations into Russian and Ukrainian
* Review of the Food Packaging Market in Russia; translation
* Editing of a User Manual for cryosurgical equipment, ca. 90 pages, English into Russian; regular translations on Capsule Endoscopy (manuals, presentations)
* Manuals for FlowServe Pump Systems, regular, English into Russian
* Linguistic review of medical translations, regular
* Sakhalin-1 and other oil field development projects (via Moscow and Canadian agencies), English into Russian and Russian into English – environmental surveys, design and development documentation, land reclamation, mining, oil & gas producing and processing equipment, etc
* Manuals for mobile phones, Bluetooth devices & accessories, regularly, for different clients
* Tender bids for oil & gas field exploration on the island of Sakhalin, in the Caspian and Black sea, ongoing, English into Russian and Russian into English
* Translation of materials (word.docs and PPT presentations) for WMD Border Guard Executive Seminar for Ukraine at the International Law Academy, Budapest, Hungary; English into Ukrainian, ca. 15,000 words; translation/localization of Operation Manual and software for Acoustic Signature System equipment, 8,000 words, English into Ukrainian; manuals for testing equipment, 26,000 words, English into Ukrainian; Lawyer's Company profile, English into Ukrainian, 12,000 words
* Translation (as a member of a translators’ team) of materials for the UN International Conference of New and Restored Democracies, English into Russian, 41,000 words
* Translation of a set of Ukrainian laws and governmental decrees (ca. 300 pages), Ukrainian into English, for a US governmental client
* Translation of technical manuals for ozone generators, pumps, heat exchangers, thermosyphons and other equipment, ca. 650 pages, English/German into Russian
[*]Translation of technical documentation and manuals for equipment supplied for Chernobyl Power Station, (via a Moscow agency), English/German into Russian, regularly
* Ukrainian Legal Foundation, Kiev, Ukraine – interpretation / translation under Reform of Ukrainian Penitentiary System Project sponsored by the Ministries of Justice of the Ukraine and the Netherlands; TACIS Strengthening the Capacity of the Judicial System of the Ukraine supervised by the European Court; English into Russian / Ukrainian, regularly
* Review/proofreading of ca. 100,000 words translation (training guide) on caregiving and medical services
* Translation of User Manuals for various domestic appliances for one of the largest local importers, on a regular basis
* Wordlink traduzioni (Italy) – translation of various documents from English / Italian into Russian / Ukrainian, ongoing
* Interpretation at the Ukraine National Conference on Regional and Local Economic Development, Kharkov
[*]Survey of the current situation in the Ukrainian agriculture – agricultural equipment, grain and vegetables production, social issues – about 250 pages total, Ukrainian into English
Some of the books translated and published:
- Wilbur A. Smith, 'Hungry as the Sea'
- Tim Cockey, 'Hearse of a Different Color' ISBN 966-7857-47-6
- Madeline Hunter, 'By Possession' ISBN 966-7857-96-4
- Ridley Pearson, 'Parallel Lies' ISBN 966-8007-12-3
- Bernard Knight, 'The Sanctuary Seeker'
Life is too good to waste it on translation
I've launched on a new quest: garden flowers. See my first TULIPS