Showstopper: message in French "Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un appel"
Thread poster: Andrew Tooms
Andrew Tooms
Andrew Tooms
France
Local time: 07:25
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Jul 21, 2017

Hello

I use SDL Trado Studio Freelance 2014 SP2 11.2.4435 12 on a 2013 MacBook Air, via Parallels V 12.

I recently changed my hard disk from 120 Gb to 480 Gb. The new hard disk works OK but it is indicated as an external disk for some reason. The installing company say this is normal, but Apple Care say this is unusual.

I translated a file today using SDL Trados but when I tried to finalise I got the above message and SDL Trados closed down. Double-clicking
... See more
Hello

I use SDL Trado Studio Freelance 2014 SP2 11.2.4435 12 on a 2013 MacBook Air, via Parallels V 12.

I recently changed my hard disk from 120 Gb to 480 Gb. The new hard disk works OK but it is indicated as an external disk for some reason. The installing company say this is normal, but Apple Care say this is unusual.

I translated a file today using SDL Trados but when I tried to finalise I got the above message and SDL Trados closed down. Double-clicking on the SDL Trados icon produces the same message. I can no longer use SDL Trados.

Any ideas?

Best regards
Collapse

Frank Zou
Frank Zou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 14:25
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
What does it mean? Jul 22, 2017

Andrew Tooms wrote:

Hello

I translated a file today using SDL Trados but when I tried to finalise I got the above message and SDL Trados closed down. Double-clicking on the SDL Trados icon produces the same message. I can no longer use SDL Trados.

Any ideas?

Best regards

What does it " "Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un appel"" mean in English?

Andrew Tooms
Andrew Tooms
France
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It means "An exception was thrown by the target of an invocation" Jul 22, 2017

Thanks for your interest.

In fact I am having multiple problems with Studio ever since I used iCloud Drive and installed a new hard disk on my Mac. E.g. when I try to add a file to a project I get the message "Cannot find central directory".
I'm trying to sort it out with Parallels support.

Bye

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
Plain English Jul 22, 2017

Frank Zou wrote:

What does it " "Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un appel"" mean in English?

It means an exception has been raised by the target of an invocation.

[Bearbeitet am 2017-07-22 12:16 GMT]

Frank Zou
Frank Zou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 14:25
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
It's been raised before. Jul 24, 2017

Andrew Tooms wrote:

Thanks for your interest.

In fact I am having multiple problems with Studio ever since I used iCloud Drive and installed a new hard disk on my Mac. E.g. when I try to add a file to a project I get the message "Cannot find central directory".
I'm trying to sort it out with Parallels support.

Bye

Such problem has been raised several times before in the forum.

I don't think it has anything to do with your hardware. Some solutions were provided, so you can have a look, here's the link:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/311551-"exception_has_been_thrown_by_the_target_of_an_invocation".html

Andrew Tooms
Andrew Tooms
France
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem is elsewhere Jul 24, 2017

Thanks for your reply Frank.

I now know the problems with Trados are arising because I restored my Parallels partition using Time Machine and Time Machine restored Trados files in the Mac OS, instead of Windows OS. As a result multiple system files are missing.

The lesson learned here is don't use Time Machine to back up your Parallels partition.

bye

Andrew Tooms
Andrew Tooms
France
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Answer in another thread Jul 24, 2017

Turns out Time Machine does restore Parallels partition correctly.

See this thread:http://www.proz.com/forum/apple_mac_operating_systems/317083-problems_using_trados_studio_from_time_machine_backup.html#2666777

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Showstopper: message in French "Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un appel"

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »