Word counting with Power Point Slides
Thread poster: Laura Porcelli
Laura Porcelli
Laura Porcelli
Local time: 09:53
Mar 29, 2004

Hi everybody,
Maybe this topi has already been dealt with, but I searched the forums and couldn't find anything about it.

Could anyone tell me how I can count my characters (spaces included) with Power Point Slides??

Grazie!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 15:53
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Search the forums Mar 29, 2004

Search the forums for "wordcount". This topic should help you:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/new&ViewTopic&post=78996#78996

Ramesh Madhavan
Ramesh Madhavan  Identity Verified

Local time: 19:23
English
+ ...
Word Count Mar 30, 2004

vampire74 wrote:

Hi everybody,
Maybe this topi has already been dealt with, but I searched the forums and couldn't find anything about it.

Could anyone tell me how I can count my characters (spaces included) with Power Point Slides??

Grazie!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry, I think I clicked the wrong button before writing my reply. Please ignore this posting.

[Edited at 2004-03-31 06:01]

Ramesh Madhavan
Ramesh Madhavan  Identity Verified

Local time: 19:23
English
+ ...
Word Count in Power Point Mar 30, 2004

Open the file in PowerPoint. Then Click on FILE, PROPERTIES, STATISTICS. The word count will be displayed.

P.S. My blood group is not suitable for bats...LOL.LOL..

Iryna Maslova
Iryna Maslova  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:53
English to Russian
+ ...
Two ways I know Apr 2, 2004

1) If you have Acrobat (not Reader but the whole thing) convert slides into pdf: use a menu command added by Acrobat at the installation or send to Acrobat Distiller printer (may be there are other methods as well). Then "save as" pdf file as rtf file and open it in Word or select the text in pdf, copy and paste it into Word. Word will count whatever you wish. Thus you will have all the text within the text boxes in slides, but not in embedded bitmap pictures or, say, Excel objects. In case of t... See more
1) If you have Acrobat (not Reader but the whole thing) convert slides into pdf: use a menu command added by Acrobat at the installation or send to Acrobat Distiller printer (may be there are other methods as well). Then "save as" pdf file as rtf file and open it in Word or select the text in pdf, copy and paste it into Word. Word will count whatever you wish. Thus you will have all the text within the text boxes in slides, but not in embedded bitmap pictures or, say, Excel objects. In case of those it would be better to "feed" obtained pdf file to some OCR (character recognition) software, check whether it did the job correctly and export the text to Word.
2) Trados T-window for Power point slides in Trados menu has something like Export text. This would have the same effect as copying and pasting text from pdf file (embedded Excel objects will be not included).
Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word counting with Power Point Slides

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »