Thread poster: Tia Muller
Tia Muller
Tia Muller  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:36
English to French
+ ...
Jul 24, 2015

The video I've been sent to subtitle starts at 00:00:00:11 and its next fram is 00:00:00:00. I am at a loss as to what to do with Swift's TC in order to match this time code. Any ideas?

Also, and I presume this is due to the BITC not corresponding to the VITC, everytime I pause the video it jumps to a different location on the video.

Thanks for your help!

Tia

Max Deryagin
Max Deryagin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:36
Member (2013)
English to Russian
- Jul 24, 2015

Tia Muller wrote:

The video I've been sent to subtitle starts at 00:00:00:11 and its next fram is 00:00:00:00. I am at a loss as to what to do with Swift's TC in order to match this time code. Any ideas?

Also, and I presume this is due to the BITC not corresponding to the VITC, everytime I pause the video it jumps to a different location on the video.

Thanks for your help!

Tia

Hi Tia,

Yeah, something's not right here. I think the best way to handle this issue is to contact Swift's technical support, the same way you did previously.

Tia Muller
Spain
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Swift technical support Jul 24, 2015

Thanks, Max. You know, they never actually got back to me, ever. So much for technical support...

I'm talking to the client to see if they are having the same issue and if so, what can be done on their end.

It's just so strange because with VLC the TCs are different, that is they start with both videos they have provided me at 00. Why does it change with Swift? Do you know or have any ideas

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:36
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Tape??? Jul 24, 2015

Butting in...

Quite honestly, Swift only means either a writer (Jonathan) or a meat packer for me. I use other software for subtitling.

However... would it be possible that the BITC came from video TAPE, which was edited upon conversion to digital? This could explain such a difference.

Tia Muller
Spain
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Digitalization Jul 24, 2015

Yes, José, it would seem that that was the case. The BITC changed when they converted the video to something smaller and workable. We've just solved the problem by converting it to .mov. All problems I was experiencing have been solved!

Thanks so much for your suggestions!

Tia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Time code issue between BITC and VITC

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »