Tópico cartaz: neilmac
neilmac
neilmac
Espanha
Local time: 17:51
espanhol para inglês
+ ...
Jun 26, 2015

Recently, In WF Classic, I've been getting the message "Target segment empty" when the segment is not empty. Invariably it then asks me if I want to close the translation, which I do and reopen it, after which it seems to work normally for a while before the message pops up again.

Does this mean that the WF.dot file is corrupted and I need to reinstall it or what?

PS: It just happened again and if I respond "No", it simply proceeds as normal, so I suppose it isn't terr
... See more
Recently, In WF Classic, I've been getting the message "Target segment empty" when the segment is not empty. Invariably it then asks me if I want to close the translation, which I do and reopen it, after which it seems to work normally for a while before the message pops up again.

Does this mean that the WF.dot file is corrupted and I need to reinstall it or what?

PS: It just happened again and if I respond "No", it simply proceeds as normal, so I suppose it isn't terribly important, but it is still disconcerting.

[Edited at 2015-06-26 16:50 GMT]
Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 11:51
inglês para francês
+ ...
How about re-installing? Jun 26, 2015

INdeed, how about re-installing wordfast.doc (current public version being 6.13??

It takes a few seconds.

neilmac
neilmac
Espanha
espanhol para inglês
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
A little knowledge Jun 26, 2015

If there's no other option, I suppose I'll have to reinstall it, but I can assure you it takes more than "a few seconds" chez moi. Right now I'm in the middle of a job and I've already lost a lot time today on other things, so I'm not about to start fiddling with anything if I can avoid it.

I would really just like to know why this has suddenly started happening. I been having similar little blips with other software as well recently, for example I now have to enable my Dragon add
... See more
If there's no other option, I suppose I'll have to reinstall it, but I can assure you it takes more than "a few seconds" chez moi. Right now I'm in the middle of a job and I've already lost a lot time today on other things, so I'm not about to start fiddling with anything if I can avoid it.

I would really just like to know why this has suddenly started happening. I been having similar little blips with other software as well recently, for example I now have to enable my Dragon add-on every time I open a new document, which didn't happen before, so I'm wondering if I have some sort of systemic or configuration issue going on.
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:51
finlandês para francês
normal.dot Jun 26, 2015

The template that is more likely to get corrupt is Word's own, normal.dotm (or normal.dot, depending on your version of Word). You may want to delete it (or rename it). The next time Word starts, it will create a brand-new one from scratch.

neilmac
neilmac
Espanha
espanhol para inglês
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
Where to begin... Jun 27, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

The template that is more likely to get corrupt is Word's own, normal.dotm (or normal.dot, depending on your version of Word). You may want to delete it (or rename it). The next time Word starts, it will create a brand-new one from scratch.

OK, cancel that last query, I've found it in the add-ons section... I might try deleting it later, but right now I'm trying to finish a translation...

[Edited at 2015-06-27 18:37 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Target segment empty" message

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »