SDXLIFF being converted to a DAT file when emailed...
Thread poster: Helene Olsen Richards
Helene Olsen Richards
Helene Olsen Richards  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:27
Member (2006)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Mar 2, 2018

I could not locate this anywhere else. I just recently had a regular Trados file to translate, did the job, spell check etc, etc.....send it off to the client....then I get a message saying the file is a DAT. file and he can not use it. What? I did not save it any other way than it was received.....anyone else have that problem and how does not get resolved?
Thanks.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:27
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
This has nothing to do with Trados Mar 2, 2018

To prevent Outlook from attaching winmail.dat when you send an email:
- Click File in Outlook.
- Select Options.
- Go to the Mail category.
Make sure HTML or Plain Text is selected for Compose messages in this format: under Compose messages.

HTH,
Natalia
P.S. There is a tiny application Winmail opener, just in case (however, I doubt your client will be happy to use it, so better change the options in your Outlook)

Helene Olsen Richards
Helene Olsen Richards  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:27
Member (2006)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DAT file Mar 2, 2018

Hi

Thanks for your mail....the weird thing is I do not use Outlook...I use a [email protected]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:27
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Helene Mar 2, 2018

I cannot help you with MAC as I have never worked at MAC, however, I would suggest sending an archived file instead of a plain .sdlxliff (use any program to create a ZIP or whatever is used on MAC).

See other suggestions at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/700416

Natalia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDXLIFF being converted to a DAT file when emailed...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »