"Jobs and directories" menu tab will be altered to give more prominence to the directory
Thread poster: Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 07:31
SITE STAFF
May 25, 2010

Dear Members,

In line with the changes to the ProZ.com job posting system, the "Jobs and directories" tab in the navigation menu at the top of the page will be adjusted, to give more prominence to the directory.

7. The prominence of the job posting system will be reduced overall, with higher priority given to the directory.

The directory has proven to be a much better source of new clients for professional translators.

Thanks as always to ProZ.com members for the ongoing support of the site!

Best regards,

Jared

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 12:31
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
A very good move indeed! May 28, 2010

I have for a long time thought that this would be a good move.
(Shame on me that i haven't advocated it more strongly.)

In my own experience , customers approaching me via the diretory are mostly more interesting customers..
The directory also strengthens ProZ.com' market posititon as it is almost the only translator portal that offers direct access to translators (by offering the unique selection criteria to the outsourcer) - a brilliant and winning design.

... See more
I have for a long time thought that this would be a good move.
(Shame on me that i haven't advocated it more strongly.)

In my own experience , customers approaching me via the diretory are mostly more interesting customers..
The directory also strengthens ProZ.com' market posititon as it is almost the only translator portal that offers direct access to translators (by offering the unique selection criteria to the outsourcer) - a brilliant and winning design.

Congratulations Henry!

Mats
Member since 2000
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Jobs and directories" menu tab will be altered to give more prominence to the directory

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »