Jobs restricted to Platinum members
Автор темы: Russell Jones
Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
Великобритания
Local time: 20:50
итальянский => английский
Jan 12, 2004

Much as I understand why ProZ.com has given job-posters the option to restrict bids to Platinum members, this cannot really be in its own interest as long as the posting is accessible without restrictions on other sites:
http://www.proz.com/job/48290... See more
Much as I understand why ProZ.com has given job-posters the option to restrict bids to Platinum members, this cannot really be in its own interest as long as the posting is accessible without restrictions on other sites:
http://www.proz.com/job/48290
http://www.translatorscafe.com/cafe/SelectedJob.asp?Job=4337
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Германия
Local time: 21:50
английский => немецкий
+ ...
Outsourcer's decision Jan 12, 2004

Hi Russell,
This option was also introduced at the request of various outsourcers (although I wouldn't want to dispute the fact that ProZ.com has a certain interest here, too).

Thing is, it's impossible to prevent the outsourcer from posting the same job on several sites - that's what happened here. However, you might question the wisdom of restricting the job on ProZ.com and openly posting it somewhere else... If you note a similar occurrence, please contact a Jobs Area coord
... See more
Hi Russell,
This option was also introduced at the request of various outsourcers (although I wouldn't want to dispute the fact that ProZ.com has a certain interest here, too).

Thing is, it's impossible to prevent the outsourcer from posting the same job on several sites - that's what happened here. However, you might question the wisdom of restricting the job on ProZ.com and openly posting it somewhere else... If you note a similar occurrence, please contact a Jobs Area coordinator, and we'll touch base with the poster(s).

Best regards, Ralf
Collapse

Myriam Garcia Bernabe
Myriam Garcia Bernabe  Identity Verified
Великобритания
Local time: 20:50
английский => испанский
Educating outsourcers Jan 13, 2004

Hi All

In the meantime, would it not be possible for Proz to educate its outsourcers? I mean, by making sure they understand that a Platinum member is somebody who has paid for the privilege as opposed to a "better" professional.

However, after just having been platinum for 6 months and seeing that it made no difference; I am not sure this really matters. Well, only to discriminate within the sheer volume of replies a job might get.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Jobs restricted to Platinum members

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »