John Garside
John Garside
Canada
Local time: 02:15
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Jul 22, 2019

I'm working on a project on memoq server which I am finding cumbersome. I am more comfortable in my desktop version (8.7) and would much prefer working it offline. I have already completed some 100 segments and when I try to checkout the file I get a ""memoQWeb - Unexpected error". I don't know if this is more serious than an expected error but... (lol)

Is this because I have already started it or is there something I am not doing? I'm a bit of a neophyte with the Web version.
... See more
I'm working on a project on memoq server which I am finding cumbersome. I am more comfortable in my desktop version (8.7) and would much prefer working it offline. I have already completed some 100 segments and when I try to checkout the file I get a ""memoQWeb - Unexpected error". I don't know if this is more serious than an expected error but... (lol)

Is this because I have already started it or is there something I am not doing? I'm a bit of a neophyte with the Web version.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Collapse

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 14:15
Chinese to English
+ ...
Download with memoq Jul 22, 2019

There is a Check out from server button at the top of your desktop memoq. It's not the same as working offline but it's an alternative to using the web version.

John Garside
John Garside
Canada
Local time: 02:15
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but... Jul 22, 2019

Thanks Lincoln
That is the one that gives me the error message. I guess that means it is a temporary thing that is fixable. I'll try it again in the morning.

Vera Schoen
Vera Schoen  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 07:15
Member (2008)
German to Swedish
+ ...
Only one checkout Jul 22, 2019

Before starting the translation you check the project out (as you seem to have done).
When it is checked out it shows in the project list. After that you cannot check it out again, you need to open the project by clicking it in the list every time you want to work on it.
Once you are done, you deliver the project by clicking deliver/return.
Hope this helps!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can i download/checkout a project from memoq server once it is started

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »