Ömer Maraş
Ömer Maraş
Türkiye
Local time: 06:15
German to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 25, 2019

hi folks,

I have got this customer who sends a whopper of a TM included in his tiny jobs, and I have to wait 50+ minutes just so the TM in the package is imported and then translate 5-20 words...

I've looked, but couldn't find any option to disable the TM of the package from importing. I believe in SDL there is such (or similar) option. Is there anything like that in memoQ as well? If not, how can I disable that?

regards,

Omer

Enote
Enote  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:15
English to Russian
Some backdoor - use WinRAR Jul 2, 2019

Or some other application for archive handling. I suppose all these SDL and MemoQ packages are just ZIP-files with changed file extension name. Hope you can extract only mqxliff or other source file from project package.
Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

disable "import TM" during importing of memoQ packages

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »