Thread poster: espoir03
espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
Jun 13, 2019

Hello,

I have been using memoQ for quite a long time in the same PC and I feel memoQ is heavy recently (such as it takes time to launch, project does not open quickly etc).
Therefore, I deleted many projects I am no longer using. I followed this step: Move to Recycle Bin - > View Recycle Bin - > "Delete selected" (in Recycle bin).

However, my memoQ still feels heavy. Even if I delete the projects completely (not shown in the main screen), I can still see the TM an
... See more
Hello,

I have been using memoQ for quite a long time in the same PC and I feel memoQ is heavy recently (such as it takes time to launch, project does not open quickly etc).
Therefore, I deleted many projects I am no longer using. I followed this step: Move to Recycle Bin - > View Recycle Bin - > "Delete selected" (in Recycle bin).

However, my memoQ still feels heavy. Even if I delete the projects completely (not shown in the main screen), I can still see the TM and term bases of the projects I already deleted (in "Translation memories" or in "Term bases").
Could someone let me know how to make memoQ lighter? Does it help to delete the old projects?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Akiko
Collapse

Josh Ord-Hume

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ heavy and working slow - how to make it work faster

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »