How to display Korean fonts in MemoQ's translation grid
Thread poster: pjg111
pjg111
pjg111  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:40
English to French
Mar 29, 2017

Hi everybody,

As I have to translate some English manual book containing portions of text in Korean fonts, I was wondering how to properly display those fonts in MemoQ's translation grid (source and target segments).

Those fonts are correctly displayed in TM/TB results.

I must add that I made sure to designate the Korean font which is used in the source doc as Korean font in General Appearance options for MemoQ.

Moreover I would have another qu
... See more
Hi everybody,

As I have to translate some English manual book containing portions of text in Korean fonts, I was wondering how to properly display those fonts in MemoQ's translation grid (source and target segments).

Those fonts are correctly displayed in TM/TB results.

I must add that I made sure to designate the Korean font which is used in the source doc as Korean font in General Appearance options for MemoQ.

Moreover I would have another question related to those Korean fonts: Would it be possible to include a match comparison between source segment and target segment into QA check so I can be sure that I did not alter the Korean part of my translation?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.

Patrick
Collapse

MaxOO (X)
MaxOO (X)
Japan
Please try a Korean font set Apr 10, 2017

I recommend you to try another Korean font set in the Grid (translation editor). A nice free font is available from Google, called Noto Sans CJK.

https://www.google.com/get/noto/help/cjk/

You can change the Grid font > Cus
... See more
I recommend you to try another Korean font set in the Grid (translation editor). A nice free font is available from Google, called Noto Sans CJK.

https://www.google.com/get/noto/help/cjk/

You can change the Grid font > Customize appearance.

https://help.memoq.com/8/en/index.html

I guess this font also supports accented French characters.

>> Moreover I would have another question related to those Korean fonts: Would it be possible to include a match comparison between source segment and target segment into QA check so I can be sure that I did not alter the Korean part of my translation?

One solution I can think of is, every time you meet a Korean word in the source, add it to a dedicated termbase as a "pair" (i.e., source = target). Then, memoQ should be able to find any instance where Korean words are missing in the target.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to display Korean fonts in MemoQ's translation grid

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »