MemoQ does not appear correctly
Thread poster: vbn
vbn
vbn
Hungary
Sep 26, 2016

Hello!

I have a big problem with memoQ 2014.
My old laptop died so I bought a new one, installed memoQ and it is a complete mess. The icons are so tiny, that I can barely see them. The buttons are broken, only the half of each button is visible in most pop-up windows. The Dashboard pane is not visible at all and if I open a translation project, I can't se the "Import", "Import with options" etc blue buttons... This thing drives me crazy. I tried everything: changing the displ
... See more
Hello!

My old laptop died so I bought a new one, installed memoQ and it is a complete mess. The icons are so tiny, that I can barely see them. The buttons are broken, only the half of each button is visible in most pop-up windows. The Dashboard pane is not visible at all and if I open a translation project, I can't se the "Import", "Import with options" etc blue buttons... This thing drives me crazy. I tried everything: changing the display resolution, scaling, but nothing worked.
Can somebody please help me? Thanks.
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:33
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
For starters, Sep 26, 2016

…I would delete the respective subdirectory (MemoQ) of the user settings directory.

Cristiana Coblis
Cristiana Coblis  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 04:33
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
same problem Sep 26, 2016

vbn wrote:

Hello!

My old laptop died so I bought a new one, installed memoQ and it is a complete mess. The icons are so tiny, that I can barely see them. The buttons are broken, only the half of each button is visible in most pop-up windows. The Dashboard pane is not visible at all and if I open a translation project, I can't se the "Import", "Import with options" etc blue buttons... This thing drives me crazy. I tried everything: changing the display resolution, scaling, but nothing worked.
Can somebody please help me? Thanks.

I have the same problem with memoQ 2015 on a Windows 10 Zenbook with an HD resolution. Changing the resolution does not fix the issue. Due to the fact that the interface is messed up and part of the options/buttons are not visible, MemoQ is unusable on this machine. Luckily, I use this machine only when I am traveling. Still, I would love a fix for this.

vbn
vbn
Hungary
TOPIC STARTER
is there a way to do that? Sep 26, 2016

esperantisto wrote:

…I would delete the respective subdirectory (MemoQ) of the user settings directory.

Can you please help me, where do I find that?
I use a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, if that counts.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:33
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Well Sep 28, 2016

vbn wrote:

I use a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, if that counts.

What counts is the operating system installed. Ask their support or in any forum dedicated to your device. I have no idea.

Lubomir Groch
Lubomir Groch  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:33
English to Slovak
+ ...
This is most likely a scaling issue for high-DPI devices Jun 29, 2019

I had the same problem. I have an Asus Zenbook with high resolution screen and I fixed this issue by right clicking on the MemoQ desktop icon and then:
Memoq icon -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Change -> click the "Change high DPI settings" button -> check "Override high DPI scaling behavior, scaling performed by:" -> Select " System (Enhanced)" option in the box below.

You can also find more info and assistance in this MS
... See more
I had the same problem. I have an Asus Zenbook with high resolution screen and I fixed this issue by right clicking on the MemoQ desktop icon and then:
Memoq icon -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Change -> click the "Change high DPI settings" button -> check "Override high DPI scaling behavior, scaling performed by:" -> Select " System (Enhanced)" option in the box below.

You can also find more info and assistance in this MS article:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3025083/windows-scaling-issues-for-high-dpi-devices

HTH
Collapse

Lincoln Hui
Jorge Arteaga M.D.
Angelina Galanska

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ does not appear correctly

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »