TimGutteridg (X)
TimGutteridg (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:08
English
+ ...
Mar 9, 2010

MemoQ 4.0.20

When you do "Copy Source To Target Where Empty" (to avoid having to rekey everything), is there any way of treating these segments as unedited for the purpose of wordcount analysis?

I would find this very useful as a way of gauging my progress as I work through a document. At present, the fact that these segments are listed as edited means that there is no easy way of distinguishing between edited segments which actually contain unprocessed source text and
... See more
MemoQ 4.0.20

When you do "Copy Source To Target Where Empty" (to avoid having to rekey everything), is there any way of treating these segments as unedited for the purpose of wordcount analysis?

I would find this very useful as a way of gauging my progress as I work through a document. At present, the fact that these segments are listed as edited means that there is no easy way of distinguishing between edited segments which actually contain unprocessed source text and those which have been generated from the TM, other than by comparing the two different sets of output: counts and analysis.
Collapse

TimGutteridg (X)
TimGutteridg (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:08
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Progress percentage in status bar Mar 14, 2010

Just in case anyone else hasn't noticed this, running statistics are shown in the bar at the bottom of the translation window. The figure on the left gives a percentage figure which shows what proportion of your translation has been confirmed. (It would be great if this could show words, too.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excluding unedited source text from wordcount

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »