Ver.4.0 with Asian languages
Thread poster: Rod Walters
Rod Walters
Rod Walters  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 18:59
Japanese to English
Feb 24, 2010

I liked the way I could set the fonts for source and target to Verdana in 3.6 and have both Japanese and English display nicely.

This isn't possible in 4.0 and you have to download or buy a Unicode font. But with these fonts, either the Japanese or English or both are displayed in a horrible lumpy, uneven manner that is very hard on the eyes.

I'm curious to hear about other users' experiences with this. Kilgray tells me that other users haven't complained about this po
... See more
I liked the way I could set the fonts for source and target to Verdana in 3.6 and have both Japanese and English display nicely.

This isn't possible in 4.0 and you have to download or buy a Unicode font. But with these fonts, either the Japanese or English or both are displayed in a horrible lumpy, uneven manner that is very hard on the eyes.

I'm curious to hear about other users' experiences with this. Kilgray tells me that other users haven't complained about this point, therefore they don't need to do anything about it (Nice line boys. See where it got Toyota...)

Any thoughts?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ver.4.0 with Asian languages

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »