Hoang Hoang
Hoang Hoang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:29
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Aug 19, 2011

Hello everyone,

My name is Hoang, a registered translator in Proz.com (http://www.proz.com/profile/122489) and TranslatorsCafé (http://thuyngan2ha.translatorscafe.com).

As a part of my MBA dissertation on marketing translation services, I am conducting a marketing research. F
... See more
Hello everyone,

My name is Hoang, a registered translator in Proz.com (http://www.proz.com/profile/122489) and TranslatorsCafé (http://thuyngan2ha.translatorscafe.com).

As a part of my MBA dissertation on marketing translation services, I am conducting a marketing research. Findings of this research will contribute to minimize the knowledge gap between the translators and their clients aiming at a better service experience and customer satisfaction.

I would kindly request you to help answer the questionnaire at this link http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/616310/MBA It will take you maximum 10 minutes to complete; but will help the translator community greatly.

Responses to the questionnaire will be kept in confidence. The information sought for this study will be published as part of a MBA dissertation on this subject. All data will be used in a form that will make it impossible to determine the identity of the individual responses. That is, the survey responses will not be integrated, analyzed, or reported in any way in which the confidentiality of the survey responses is not absolutely guaranteed.

Due to the time pressure, it would be much appreciated if I can receive your responses by August 24, 2011. I would be pleased to share the research findings with you once completed. Please quote the code which you will find at the last page of the questionnaire when requesting the report via email.

Thank you very much for your invaluable help!

Regards,
Hoang

[Edited at 2011-08-19 16:33 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-08-19 18:03 GMT]
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: My own post now redundant as OP has edited.
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Post no longer necessary following OP's edit
Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Italian to English
Target audience Aug 19, 2011

I see your survey assumes that the respondents are translation companies or agencies rather than individual freelancers, who are vast majority of site users here..

Is this really the most appropriate place for your survey, I wonder.

Hoang Hoang
United Kingdom
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No place to post Aug 19, 2011

Russell Jones wrote:

I see your survey assumes that the respondents are translation companies or agencies rather than individual freelancers, who are vast majority of site users here..

Is this really the most appropriate place for your survey, I wonder.

I know, but the site staff advised me to post the questionnaire here. I tried to post it via Proz Connect but it has not been approved simply because it is not about job :| Posting it here is all what I can do at the moment I guess.

Christina Paiva
Christina Paiva  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:29
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Geography ... Aug 19, 2011

Hi Hoang ...

Unfortunately, I was not able to complete your questionnaire... The part of the world I live in was not listed ...

Good luck!

Hoang Hoang
United Kingdom
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
So sorry! Fixed. Aug 19, 2011

Christina Paiva wrote:

The part of the world I live in was not listed ...

Good luck!

I am really sorry about that! For some reason, the Latin America was removed when I compiled the pretest stage and official launched the survey.

I just fixed it. Thank you very much for pointing it out! I am not sure if you mind filling in it again though

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:29
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
One question was odd, though Aug 20, 2011

The one that asked if an outsourcer will prefer a translator with a degree in translation AND experience in the subject matter. Those are two absolutely different things. I will always prefer a translator with knowhow in the technical field. Style and language can be fixed, this does not apply to technical expertise.

Hoang Hoang
United Kingdom
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Double criteria Aug 20, 2011

Nicole Schnell wrote:

The one that asked if an outsourcer will prefer a translator with a degree in translation AND experience in the subject matter. Those are two absolutely different things. I will always prefer a translator with knowhow in the technical field. Style and language can be fixed, this does not apply to technical expertise.

You are right, Nicole. Actually, it is a basic mistake of the questionnaire. Fixed.

Many thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Research on Translation Services Marketing

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »