Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 06:03
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Successful import Jul 13, 2012

Hi Selcuk,
thanks for the info. I've tried to convert a rather complex termbase with a number of different fields.

The best interface between MultiTerm and DVX for this seems to be MultiTerm 5. So I did the following:
1. Export from MT2011 to MT 5 text format
2. Import the MT 5 text format to DVX.

Everything was working like a charm, except for the two crashes of DVX2.

Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 07:03
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Whitespace characters are indeed needed Jul 23, 2012

Dear All,

representation of whitespace characters is indeed a must. All *serious* clients (e.g. Microsoft, Google, etc.) require it, as two whitespaces are considered to be an error. One might argue that the clients mentioned use their own CAT tools, but nevertheless if Trados and even Word can display whitespace characters, it is only natural that DJV should also be able to.

Kind Regards,

TNT TRANSLATION
TNT TRANSLATION  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:03
English to Korean
DVX3 displays whitespaces. Sep 30, 2013

I just had a chat with Atril person and asked about the whitespace. She said that "yes it's in our roadmap". I turn this feature on whenever I can.

Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 07:03
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
There are three problems however... Oct 21, 2013

1. The first is that everything that I have ever asked of them seems to be on their road map, but...
2. This road map is not public, so whether it is indeed there, there is no way of knowing, and...
3. All things considered none of the suggestions and clearly missing features that have been 'on the road map' for at least a year now has actually been implemented.

So it is a long and winding road, and only a few have a map (if it exists), but they refuse to show it to the
... See more
1. The first is that everything that I have ever asked of them seems to be on their road map, but...
2. This road map is not public, so whether it is indeed there, there is no way of knowing, and...
3. All things considered none of the suggestions and clearly missing features that have been 'on the road map' for at least a year now has actually been implemented.

So it is a long and winding road, and only a few have a map (if it exists), but they refuse to show it to the others.

How can one get directions from a map that he is never allowed to see?
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Displaying whitespace characters in DVX2

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »