Essential semantic differrence between the English word "politics"and Chinese word "政治"
Thread poster: Renquan Yang
Renquan Yang
Renquan Yang  Identity Verified
China
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 29, 2022

Is the essential semantic differrence between the English word "politics"and Chinese word "政治" allowed to be discussed on this forum?
It is a meaningful topic with respect to the translation between werstern culture and Chinese culture
I am not sure so. Let me wait for a while.

Blandina Broesicke
Blandina Broesicke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:50
Member (2006)
Chinese to German
+ ...
Would be interesting May 30, 2022

That would be interesting to me. Thanks.

Renquan Yang
Renquan Yang  Identity Verified
China
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
If the topic was alloweed May 30, 2022

If the topic was allowed, then I will discuss the difference from the etymologic and semantic aspects.
If not, let it is.

[Edited at 2022-05-30 09:33 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Essential semantic differrence between the English word "politics"and Chinese word "政治"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »