How to make my old van Dale dictionary searchable again?
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Nederland
Lid 2006
Duits naar Nederlands
Oct 6, 2022

I was reading this:

Now with Apple making more and more legacy software like iWork '09 unusable on modern macOS (High Sierra, Mojave) it becomes all the more important to have a virtual machine available running an older version like el Capitan so these (particularly 32-bit) programs can still be used (example: modern Pages.app still lacks some 100+ features from the iWork '09 version).

Source

I decided to try if I can make my old van Dale dictionary searchable from within CafeTran Espresso again.

I run the van Dale in a virtual machine with macOS High Sierra. The host is macOS Big Sur.

As it turned out, a simple Keyboard Maestro macro was enough to make van Dale searchable again:

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 10.57.41

Demo:

PS I post this in the Mac forum, since CafeTran Espresso is only an example of an app here. I could have used Ms Word too.

Michael Beijer

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make my old van Dale dictionary searchable again?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »