Stéphanie Donatantonio
Stéphanie Donatantonio
France
Local time: 16:12
French to Italian
+ ...
Sep 5, 2017

Hi all,

I have been looking for this answer for months.

I sometimes need to put some words in italics or in bold in the target segment only. This means there will be extra tags that are not present in the source segment.

Other CAT tools have specific format buttons for this, but I could not manage to find the function in XTM online. If I add manually
  • , for example, it does not recognize it as a tag.

Has anyone got the solution?

... See more
  • Hi all,

I have been looking for this answer for months.

I sometimes need to put some words in italics or in bold in the target segment only. This means there will be extra tags that are not present in the source segment.

Other CAT tools have specific format buttons for this, but I could not manage to find the function in XTM online. If I add manually
  • , for example, it does not recognize it as a tag.

Has anyone got the solution?

Thanks in advance ▲ Collapse

•  
    XTM Intl
    XTM Intl
    United Kingdom
    Local time: 15:12
    Text formatting Sep 6, 2017

Dear FAIRTRAD,

XTM supports adding text formatting that is not present in the source text. However, the feature has to be enabled first in XTM configuration.

You can find more details about this feature in XTM user manual: www2.xtm-intl.com/content/xtm-manual.pdf
    Please look for “text formatting” in the manual.

Best regards,
    XTM Support

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
    To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Adding tags to target segments

CafeTran Espresso
    You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
    Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
    The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »