Thread poster: Nehad Hussein
Nehad Hussein
Nehad Hussein  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:49
English to Arabic
May 29, 2016

Hello,

I am using XTM for the first time with a big project. Although it works fine so far, I have a real issue with the target file.

The client sent me the original word file divided into two columns: one for the ST and the other for TT. He wants the final layout the same. When I tried to export the final file after I finished translation with XTM, I had one of two options:

- either to export an excel file that has both ST and TT but the text is divided by
... See more
Hello,

I am using XTM for the first time with a big project. Although it works fine so far, I have a real issue with the target file.

The client sent me the original word file divided into two columns: one for the ST and the other for TT. He wants the final layout the same. When I tried to export the final file after I finished translation with XTM, I had one of two options:

- either to export an excel file that has both ST and TT but the text is divided by sentense inside this table, not prapagrah.

- A word file that place my target copy (Arabic) on the left handside of the table and where the English text can occasionally comes in the middle of the Arabic copy is reversed in a way I can't fix it manually.

any idea how to deal with this situation?

Thanks guys for help.
Collapse

Mariana Lantzet
Mariana Lantzet
United Kingdom
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Reverse wrting May 31, 2016

Try puting the English text in parantheses (you can take them off later, after your text appears in the correct direction). You may need to also change the direction of writing in the tool bar temporarily for the particular English words - and change it again for the Arabic. This manual is technique is tedious and only works in tables though, but it resolves the problem.

Kind Regards

M.

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Paragraph segmentation settings Jun 1, 2016

Dear Nehad,

XTM Cloud allows you to change segmentation method to paragraph based. You can find it in the Configuration tab > Settings > Analysis Manager > Segmentation. The feature will work for any new projects you create with XTM.

Hope that solves your problem in the future.

Should you need help or assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact XTM Support.

Yours sincerely,
XTM Support

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Reversed English Text in Arabic copy

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »