Wordfast number format (decimals and commas) not changing from European to English
Thread poster: Mary Barattucci
Mary Barattucci
Mary Barattucci  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:38
Italian to English
+ ...
Feb 21, 2018

I use WF Pro 5.3 and it won't change decimal points and commas in numbers (i.e. 5.359,00 to 5,359.00 or 1,25% to 1.25%). I've looked everywhere in preferences and searched online but can't figure out how to do this automatically. This is a significant waste of time as for every number I have to backspace and change the comma or decimal point. But WF PRO 4 used to do this so why can't I get 5 to do it? What am I missing?

Henrique Mariotto
RODOLFO NUNHEZ

Jaime Guitart Vilches
Jaime Guitart Vilches
Denmark
Local time: 01:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
Did you find a solution to this problem? Sep 23, 2018

Dear Maria,
I find myself in the same situation: did you find a solution?
Best,
Jaime

Henrique Mariotto

Mary Barattucci
Mary Barattucci  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:38
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround Sep 24, 2018

Hi Jamie,
I didn't get a solution, but I did get a workaround.
If the numbers are already populated in the segments, you can do a find and replace on the commas.
In the search bar at the top of the screen under the menu bar, select "Target", then click on the box for Regex, enter "\d" in the "Enter text to filter segments" box and then for Filter choose "short segments" and click on the magnifying glass to search. From there you can do a find and replace for the commas to de
... See more
Hi Jamie,
I didn't get a solution, but I did get a workaround.
If the numbers are already populated in the segments, you can do a find and replace on the commas.
In the search bar at the top of the screen under the menu bar, select "Target", then click on the box for Regex, enter "\d" in the "Enter text to filter segments" box and then for Filter choose "short segments" and click on the magnifying glass to search. From there you can do a find and replace for the commas to decimal points. Then just click on the "X" in the bar when you are done.
Hope this helps.
Mary
Collapse

Henrique Mariotto

lee anhy
lee anhy
Argentina
Did you find a solution to this problem? Jul 20, 2020

Dear Maria,
I find myself in the same situation: did you find a solution?
Best,

Henrique Mariotto

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast number format (decimals and commas) not changing from European to English

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »