Carlos Teran
Carlos Teran  Identity Verified
Bolivia
Local time: 20:42
Member (2018)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 26, 2018

Hello, I am new to Wordfast. Am using the Wordfast Pro5 30 day trial.
I have created a New project, new TM and new Glossary.

Once the project is created, it shows me that it has created the bilingual file, de MT and the Glossary.
When I start translating in the TXLF editor, after I commit the first segment an error message appears "TM/MT error. Add segment failed", I click ok, and move on to the next segment, after I commit, it shows the message "No writable Ts are avail
... See more
Hello, I am new to Wordfast. Am using the Wordfast Pro5 30 day trial.
I have created a New project, new TM and new Glossary.

Once the project is created, it shows me that it has created the bilingual file, de MT and the Glossary.
When I start translating in the TXLF editor, after I commit the first segment an error message appears "TM/MT error. Add segment failed", I click ok, and move on to the next segment, after I commit, it shows the message "No writable Ts are available" there is a "Create new" button on the message, so I click that button, create a new TM, place it as my primary, and start translating again. Again the same error message appears.

I repeat the whole procedure again, and it goes on and on.

I started from scratch, deleting al my TM files, and creating a brand new one. The same. On and on.

This is very frustrating, because I am working on a very large project, and translating it without the use of a TM.
I can use Machine Translation ok, but there is no point in using a CAT Tool if I can not use a TM that will help me with my current project and future projects.

Please, I hope anyone can help me solve this frustrating problem.
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:42
Member (2006)
French to English
Location of the TM Jan 26, 2018

Hi Carlos, where are you saving the TM to? Someone had a problem the other day because she was trying to save the TM on a USB drive. That USB drive was not properly formatted, which was the source of the problem. I would try saving it in a simple basic location right under my documents. I would also make sure not to use any special characters like arrow signs like > or

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
English to French
+ ...
Make sure the TM is not "Read Only" Jan 26, 2018

Make sure the TM is not set to "Read Only"

Carlos Teran
Carlos Teran  Identity Verified
Bolivia
Member (2018)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Location of the TM Jan 26, 2018

Hello John:

I am saving my TM in my hard drive, in the "Documents" folder, I have created a "Translations Memories" folder and saved them there.
The path is C: User/Documents/Documents/Translation memories. My hard drive has 540 Gb of free space.
I am also only using capital letters and numbers for the name of the TM

I am using a Windows 10 OS and I am running on a Laptop Dell with i7 processor and 8GB of RAM.

I can retrieve my TM when I open u
... See more
Hello John:

I am saving my TM in my hard drive, in the "Documents" folder, I have created a "Translations Memories" folder and saved them there.
The path is C: User/Documents/Documents/Translation memories. My hard drive has 540 Gb of free space.

I am using a Windows 10 OS and I am running on a Laptop Dell with i7 processor and 8GB of RAM.

I can retrieve my TM when I open up the project. But there are no Translation Units written on them.
And I am very sure that they are no "Read Only" TM.

They can be seen on the Translation memory tab in the project view, and they are checked green.

I have reviewed all this, once again, and still having the same problem.

Hope you can help.

Hello JLO1:
Thank you for your answer. Yes, I am sure they are not "Read Only" TM. I did not click on the "read only" box when creating the TM. I hope you can further help me.
Collapse

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 18:42
Email log file Jan 26, 2018

Hi Carlos,

Can you email log file to [email protected]

You can find log file here: C:/Users/{your username}/.gs4tr.editor/full.log, send me just the full.log file.

Thank you,

John

Carlos Teran wrote:

Hello John:

I can retrieve my TM when I open up the project. But there are no Translation Units written on them.
And I am very sure that they are no "Read Only" TM.

They can be seen on the Translation memory tab in the project view, and they are checked green.

I have reviewed all this, once again, and still having the same problem.

Hope you can help.

Hello JLO1:
Thank you for your answer. Yes, I am sure they are not "Read Only" TM. I did not click on the "read only" box when creating the TM. I hope you can further help me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 TM problems

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »