Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Local time: 06:33
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Sworn Translator Feb 3, 2013

Thank you very much; you have both helped me. as I have not followed an MA course- here it is not available part-time- I had better refuse as I do not want to swear to something that might get me into trouble, even if it is in own native language pairs.

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:33
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
BRAZIL Feb 4, 2013

A general explanation on how it works in Brazil is available at http://www.lamensdorf.com.br/faqs.html .

Further detail on the Sao Paulo State (the law is federal, administration is statewide) and my personal m.o. on deregulated matters on the sequel page, link at the bottom of the first page above.

Guillemette Koning
Guillemette Koning  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:33
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Official translators-interpreters in Holland Feb 13, 2014

I've been a sworn translator and interpreter of Spanish and Dutch (both ways) in Holland for almost 19 years and 5 years ago the system changed. Today there is an official register called WBTV (http://www.bureaubtv.nl/) where I could inscribe with all my diploma's and certification, proof of working experience etc. in order to register, but you can also do admission exams to prove your level is good enough.
... See more
I've been a sworn translator and interpreter of Spanish and Dutch (both ways) in Holland for almost 19 years and 5 years ago the system changed. Today there is an official register called WBTV (http://www.bureaubtv.nl/) where I could inscribe with all my diploma's and certification, proof of working experience etc. in order to register, but you can also do admission exams to prove your level is good enough.
Just like the ATA in the USA, every five years you have to get Permanent Education points in order to continue on the register. These points can be given through in person -courses in Holland or elswhere (you have to present a request for recognition though) and also through webinars or on-line courses, like the ones Proz.com offers.
And ofcourse there is a fee attached to registration.
Collapse

Bharta bharta
Bharta bharta
United Arab Emirates
Certified Translator in UAE Jan 18, 2020

To become a certified translator in UAE, a translator should pass an exam held by the Ministry of Justice with a score not less than 80%. in Dubai and Abu Dhabi certified translation is known as legal translation. The legal translator is the translator who holds a permit from the Ministry of Justice to provide legal translation services.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Certified / sworn translators around the world

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »