Thread poster: Peng Liu
Peng Liu
Peng Liu
Australia
Local time: 13:49
Chinese to English
+ ...
Jan 29, 2019

When I send PDF file to client, I always encrypt the file with password while allow high resolution printing. In this way, the stamp cannot be copied/pasted. Recently a client asked me to provide an unencrypted file because the government department did not accept encrypted file. I felt it was hard to believe. Anyway, I printed the file to PDF and lost some resolution.
Today I opened my encrypted pdf and used screen capture app to crop the stamp. To my surprise, it can be easily done with
... See more
When I send PDF file to client, I always encrypt the file with password while allow high resolution printing. In this way, the stamp cannot be copied/pasted. Recently a client asked me to provide an unencrypted file because the government department did not accept encrypted file. I felt it was hard to believe. Anyway, I printed the file to PDF and lost some resolution.
Today I opened my encrypted pdf and used screen capture app to crop the stamp. To my surprise, it can be easily done without any difficulty. So the encryption doesn’t really do much to protect the stamp’s security. Of course, the encrypted file itself cannot be altered or tampered, but the fact that the stamp can be copied and used elsewhere is still a concern.
Any input?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Security of NAATI stamp

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »