Thread poster: EvelynAnna
EvelynAnna
EvelynAnna
Georgia
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 27, 2018

Hello!

I am looking for Russian short stories, essays and articles that haven't been translated into English. I coudn't find any. Could anyone suggest anything, please?

Thanks!

Michael Newton
Michael Newton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:00
Japanese to English
+ ...
Short fiction (Russian) Oct 27, 2018

This is going to be a bit tedious and is a process of elimination.
If you are familiar with post-WWII Russian and post Soviet fiction, make a list of short-fiction and short-story writers.
Then go to amazon.com (US) or amazon.UK, key in the names of the authors and see if anything is available in English. You also might check on-line Russian book services such as Vasha Kniga. If you have a favorite author, you might try contacting the publishing house to see if any translations are
... See more
This is going to be a bit tedious and is a process of elimination.
If you are familiar with post-WWII Russian and post Soviet fiction, make a list of short-fiction and short-story writers.
Then go to amazon.com (US) or amazon.UK, key in the names of the authors and see if anything is available in English. You also might check on-line Russian book services such as Vasha Kniga. If you have a favorite author, you might try contacting the publishing house to see if any translations are available. If not, this would be a good chance to market your services. They might commission a translation.
Collapse

Phil Hand
Phil Hand  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:00
Chinese to English
Curious question Oct 27, 2018

I'm sure there is a vast amount of literature that hasn't been translated. One way you can be sure is just to look at writing that has been published this year. Find any short story site, long-form journalism website, or recent anthology.

There's no guarantee that these will be very high quality, of course, but they will be current - and that could be a selling point if you're thinking about commercial prospects.

Daniel Frisano
Daniel Frisano  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:00
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
LLP Oct 27, 2018

Russian Language Learning Packs are available here:

https://torrentz2.eu/search?f=russian%20language%20learning%20pack

A "friend" told me that LLPs contain lots of material including short stories, folk tales, essays. Of course it is highly illegal so we will never ever download or use such material.

EvelynAnna
EvelynAnna
Georgia
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Short fiction(English) Oct 27, 2018

Thank you so much for your answers. There is also a vast amount of English literature that hasn't been translated into Russian. I wish I could find at least a few English short stories or essays. If I decide to translate a modern short story I will need the author's permission.

Vanda Nissen
Vanda Nissen  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 00:00
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
You can get one Oct 27, 2018

EvelynAnna wrote:

Thank you so much for your answers. There is also a vast amount of English literature that hasn't been translated into Russian. I wish I could find at least a few English short stories or essays. If I decide to translate a modern short story I will need the author's permission.

by contacting the author.

Alistair Gainey
Alistair Gainey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:00
Russian to English
Good luck! Oct 28, 2018

http://www.unesco.org/xtrans/

might help with what has been translated already.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Short fiction(Russian)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »