Help with find/replace and Dual concordance search please!
Thread poster: Sophie Cherel
Sophie Cherel
Sophie Cherel  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:12
Member (2013)
French to English
+ ...
Nov 12, 2018

I just started using Transit NXT and I'm really struggling with both 2 functions:
1. Find & replace: doesn't find any terms even though they're there, in the target language.
2. Dual Concordance search: this does find the terms, but doesn't say which segment they're in and doesn't seem to give me the option to go to that segment, to manually alter the text.

Hope I'm stumbling on a basic block here, any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Geneviève Granger
Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:12
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
Answer Nov 13, 2018

Sophie Cherel wrote:

I just started using Transit NXT and I'm really struggling with both 2 functions:
1. Find & replace: doesn't find any terms even though they're there, in the target language.
2. Dual Concordance search: this does find the terms, but doesn't say which segment they're in and doesn't seem to give me the option to go to that segment, to manually alter the text.

To 1.: It is difficult to answer to this question without seeing what you do and having more indications on how you use it. Basically, it works like any S&R function in other applications. Make sure you check how the options are set, the cursor is positioned in the right window, etc.
To 2.: The full path of the segment is actually indicated above the pair in the concordance window. Click with the right mouse button on the segment and choose 'Open reference file', this will lead you to the spot of the segment.

Sophie Cherel
Sophie Cherel  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:12
Member (2013)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good tips Nov 13, 2018

Thanks Geneviève!
It was indeed because of the wrongly positioned cursor that the find/replace wasn't yielding results, and the 'Open reference file' is the golden answer I was looking for, the only thing I hadn't tried, believe it or not.
Problem solved!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with find/replace and Dual concordance search please!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »