Iris Kleinophorst
Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:07
Chinese to German
+ ...
May 28, 2018

Hi,

I have just restarted working after several weeks of vacation. And suddenly, Transit NXT freezes whenever I click on statistics. The project is a fairly regular MS Word project with a 25 page file with less than 1MB. I tried to call up the statistics in an older, smaller project (where I definitely was able to check the statistics before my vacation). But Transit froze at that file, too.

Windows ran an update right when I came back. I am using a current Transit NXT
... See more
Hi,

I have just restarted working after several weeks of vacation. And suddenly, Transit NXT freezes whenever I click on statistics. The project is a fairly regular MS Word project with a 25 page file with less than 1MB. I tried to call up the statistics in an older, smaller project (where I definitely was able to check the statistics before my vacation). But Transit froze at that file, too.

Windows ran an update right when I came back. I am using a current Transit NXT Freelance Pro on a current Windows 10 Pro on my 16GB RAM computer.
Does anyone else have the same problems?
Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

TIA
Iris
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
No problems here May 29, 2018

Iris Kleinophorst wrote:

Does anyone else have the same problems?

I experience no problems with this configuration:

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 08.47.32

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 08.48.29

Iris Kleinophorst wrote:

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

I have placed Windows 10 with Transit in a Virtual Machine that can be frozen or reset, especially to avoid/repair this kind of problems.

Iris Kleinophorst
Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:07
Chinese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem is gone! May 31, 2018

Hi,

the problem is gone, statistics now work, with all projects. Don't ask me how, I did not do anything. Nor did anything change about the computer configuration, not even a Windows update.

Must have been some sort of weird hiccup.

Iris

R. Ksatrio Adi Harsanto
R. Ksatrio Adi Harsanto
Indonesia
Local time: 05:07
English to Indonesian
Issue with file type? Jan 31

It happened to me several times, and I noticed that if we use a specific file type, then it will cause the software to freeze when trying to do statistics.

I use XML file format daily and I can run statistics normally with this file type. However, it will not work and the software will stop working when I use XML with "no index visible", whatever that means.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit NXT freezes when clicking on statistics

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »