How to insert a string at the start or end of all segments
Thread poster: CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 09:48
Aug 25, 2017

My knowledge of Transit is becoming rusty. And I also think that a previously available feature to deactivate markup protection has been removed either from Transit, or more likely, from my internal memory.

What I'm trying to do is to add a string like "NotTranslated" to either the start or end of every segment with the status "Not Translated".

I can only find a regular expression for the segment end: backslash plus small o (\o). This expression does find all segment en
... See more
My knowledge of Transit is becoming rusty. And I also think that a previously available feature to deactivate markup protection has been removed either from Transit, or more likely, from my internal memory.

What I'm trying to do is to add a string like "NotTranslated" to either the start or end of every segment with the status "Not Translated".

I can only find a regular expression for the segment end: backslash plus small o (\o). This expression does find all segment ends, but the replacement part doesn't work.

How come?

F and R
Collapse

Geneviève Granger
Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
This works: Aug 25, 2017

To add at the beginning of a segment:
^#(.)0
Replace with
Not translated#0

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 25, 2017

Geneviève Granger wrote:

To add at the beginning of a segment:
^#(.)0
Replace with
Not translated#0

Many thanks, Geneviève!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to insert a string at the start or end of all segments

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »