Thread poster: Thomas Prager
Thomas Prager
Thomas Prager  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:45
English to German
Oct 24, 2015

Hi,

I just extended my license for Transit Nxt Freelance, unfortunately a couple of days too late. When I open Transit, a window pops up informing me that the license has expired and then the programm closes down. There's no option to enter my new license number anywhere. Do I really need to install the whole thing over again?

Thanks,

Thomas

Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
English to Italian
+ ...
Contact Customer Service Oct 24, 2015

Thomas Prager wrote:

Hi,

I just extended my license for Transit Nxt Freelance, unfortunately a couple of days too late. When I open Transit, a window pops up informing me that the license has expired and then the programm closes down. There's no option to enter my new license number anywhere. Do I really need to install the whole thing over again?

Thanks,

Thomas

Transit NXT has a very complicated way to insert and verify the license (too complicated in my view). In these cases, I just start bugging the Customer Service. They are very efficient and answer immediately.

HTH
Giusi

Thomas Prager
Thomas Prager  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:45
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Solved by using installer Oct 24, 2015

Thanks for your reply. I solved the issue by starting the installer program, then the software gave me the option to upgrade my license. Phew! No files or settings lost.

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
also Aug 5, 2016

also you can go
"Start" "Applications" "Transit NXT" "Upgrade License"

or vie Control Panel, Software. Choose Transit NXT and then "Change". Then use the option "Upgrade License".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

License expired - how to enter license key

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »